NHRDA Boise Event 10/3 hotels

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
My cell is 208-484-3670. There are a few big wigs flying in (Big Dipper):eek:. Friday will be a busy day at the shop, but hopefully will be done at a decent hour and can meet up for a cocktail at the bar(Bardenay) which is right next door to the hotel. About 5 minutes from my house and about 15 minutes from the track.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
I will be getting my room in the morning. Same place as you and Trent. I say we all get a drink at the pub as bs on friday night.

Sounds good to me!

My cell is 208-484-3670. There are a few big wigs flying in (Big Dipper):eek:. Friday will be a busy day at the shop, but hopefully will be done at a decent hour and can meet up for a cocktail at the bar(Bardenay) which is right next door to the hotel. About 5 minutes from my house and about 15 minutes from the track.

:yumyum: sounds good to me !

Osubeaver

Professional Grade
Aug 30, 2008
Oregon
Truck's all back together :thumb:

I'm staying the night in Bend. Going to leave probably around 8 or so in the morning and head for Boise.

See you guys there.

MaxPowerLB7

Amateur
Nov 8, 2007
Spanish Fork, UT
I'm getting pretty excited for this thing!:happy2: I'm leaving at ten and convoying up there with Dmitri and Trent. I hope my fire jacket is waiting for me when i get there.

MaxPowerLB7

Amateur
Nov 8, 2007
Spanish Fork, UT
It was good to see everyone in Boise! Too bad the weather took a turn for the worse.

In Pro street Rob and Mark Ventling were left, Mark let Rob have the win.

In super street Rob, Aaron Schaff (CT performance), myself and mike fox were left. They gave Rob and Aaron the co championship and Mike and I the co runner up because Rob and Aaron had run substantially faster all day than Mike or myself. The money was split evenly four ways.

I'm disappointed, I wanted to race Rob in the worst way! It looked like i was going to in the finals. I even had a small jet (if you ask Dmitri) ready to attempt to even the odds.:D Damn the bad luck.

I don't remember how the ET class shook down, sorry.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
It was great meeting every one and it was awesome event until it got rained out , it is the biggest turn out i have seen for the Diesel crowd ! The track was fast because of cold air but slippery from the same token , Maxxed out was doing 4WD drifting exabitions and still manadged to run 10.2 @ almost 140 . CT was looking real good at 10.8 with just waiting to turn it up . right when the rain came in the 2 trucks were lined up in staging getting ready to run ........................... then the rain came in :( .

A few guys had some bad luck , My buddy Tom broke his output shaft but manadged to run a 12.7 on 37" tall Toyo MT's and 22" rims !

Dimitri lost a piston his 3rd run out but his truck was looking very good until that happend , he went 11.0 @ 130 with a 1.9 60 ft :coolspot: Sucks for his motor but i towed him home and talked to him last night and the motor was already pulled and he is hoping to have it up and going in 3 weeks and then hitting up vegas !

Matt Larsons truck was looking good also , he was having to pace himself and peddle to avoid being kicked off the track for no roll bar , first run out he let off at the 1000 and still ran 11.4 :spit: he had a .80 jet waiting for deployment when needed , he def would have hit 10's if the moment would have showed it self .

It was great meeting all the people up there , Moose , Boise Rob , Russ , George , Josh and many others , and great to see people again , Rob , Nathan , Ken , Aron , and many others :) sucks the season is over but it was a great time this year and for anyone looking for a great place to visit , we had alot of fun in Boise , the night life was great and a ton of excelent reastrants and nice acomidations !

Last edited:

Builtlngbd

Aug 24, 2009
so maxd out didnt get a chance to turn up tha truck all tha way like planned? Damn! i was wondering what it was going to run.

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
so maxd out didnt get a chance to turn up tha truck all tha way like planned? Damn! i was wondering what it was going to run.

No, never even put the slicks on it.

The traction was poor because of track surface temp <50 degrees. They did the best job they could prepping the track, but I could get zero traction. I kept pulling fuel down low to see if would stop doing 300'+ drifts back and forth across the lane.

I'll be running it against the PRO gassers this weekend in brackets. Weather looks much better and will be running the 4 slicks. Stay tuned...

zfuller123

StarLite Diesel
Sep 2, 2006
Utah
www.starlitediesel.com
My Fat old truck got a new best time.... significantly better.... 12.47 @ 109.82..... 3 tenths quicker and almost 4 mph better than it's done in Salt Lake.... pretty crazy how the elevation still makes a big difference even when a guy is already bordering on 'too much' air for the fuel he's got :D ... right Dimitri?:rofl:

One day..... dual CP3s.... one day...

BoiseRob

Oct 12, 2007
i also got my best time 12.55@106xx:happy2:, huge difference from Salt Lake, good meeting with everyone again, was an awesome time!!:thumb:

Jason,

I was looking forward to racing you in the semi's when the rains came. Again, congrats on the runner-up plaque. :thumb:

It was great meeting everyone and placing faces to names...

Rob

zfuller123

StarLite Diesel
Sep 2, 2006
Utah
www.starlitediesel.com
We were SOOOOOOOOOOO close to going.... only one pair of trucks in front of us to go before the rain started... I was looking forward to running too... hopefully making the final round after I raced the guy in the Ford.. at least if i could have made it past that round. Jason really wanted to end up in the finals me and him.... but i would have been happy just getting to the finals at all. The way I 'won' is ok i suppose, but doesn't really seem like a win.... Would have been fun to race for it...

Maybe we start a new style for 4WD water-louge racing.... that way we can go rain or shine?? Think we can find a track to go for it? :happy2: