NHRA tech and the Dmax injector fuel return line.

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Thank you OSUBEAVER!!!

That's the deal if we went by Greg's rules NOBODY would race!!!!! I didn't just start racing last week! I have seen many guys like him over the years. You have to watch people that try to change things they know nothing about!!!!!!

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Rules

Juddski and THEFERMANATOR if you guys are that worried about yourself or your trucks you should park them! You also should not get in a rules tread when I'm going to guess my 13 year old son has made more trips down the track than both of you! TOGETHER! Read the damn rule book before you go off on something you know nothing about. Greg is a problem, there is no reason to change the FACTORY LINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry everyone but this is crazy. Theres not a single car or truck that would be legal going by Greg's rules.

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
I cracked an injector Jeff, pushed it out of its bore, and caught my truck on fire, melting the return fitting and lines. Kyle was at the 300ft mark on the track with an extinguisher when it happened, luckily....if it had been on the 1/4 mile track who knows how long it wouldve taken to get the fire out since I wouldve had to been teh one to a.) notice it and b.) grab the extiguisher and put it out myself....

I am in support of rules like this not even for the sake of the track's liability, but because it adresses possible parts on a very expensive vehicle that many builder's probably didnt even think of being a fire hazard.

Also, the return system on a dual fueled duramax is fully capable of blowing the fittings out and even tearing the o-rings...how do I know this? Because That's how I found I had forgot to check the seat of one of my clips one time:eek:

Dick Smith was standing there during tech , he has a blown Top sportsman car , and he was interested in making it safer , not making a buck. The part is a CNC lath part and very inexpensive . I would speculate less then $200 for everything.

-3 lines and manifold

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Juddski and THEFERMANATOR if you guys are that worried about yourself or your trucks you should park them! You also should not get in a rules tread when I'm going to guess my 13 year old son has made more trips down the track than both of you! TOGETHER! Read the damn rule book before you go off on something you know nothing about. Greg is a problem, there is no reason to change the FACTORY LINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry everyone but this is crazy. Theres not a single car or truck that would be legal going by Greg's rules.

I don't like spending more money on my crap any more than you do Jeff, no need for insults man, I have read the rule books, I have helped create rules for our local pulling organizations to not only be safe but also compromise to get trucks in the gates...I know where you are coming from. Maybe you haven't had the scare of losing all that money that you have put into either of your vehicles, but I doubt it. That's what is fueling my opinion here, simply because I can see the danger, I have seen it happen, to me, and wouldn't want it to happen to anyone else trying to enjoy their hobby.

People make the same arguements all the time about the cost of safety equipment in motorsports, SFI certs, the better materials needed, the forethought and overall better design needed...in some cases I agree it is done by the wrong people for the wrong reason, but in a vehicle travelling 200mph that already has to go through the ringer with tech, it's just another precaution.

AUSDMAX

AUSSIE DURAMAX FANATIC
Mar 21, 2013
Iv got my return lines already done with 3an fittings. I spun them up in the lathe and taped them for an fittings. i did it not for racing but because the engine is in an off road race truck (Nissan patrol) and didn't want any of it coming off from foreign objects and it look cool :D

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
I know nether stingpuller nor comp461, but this sounds like someone pissed in someones Wheaties. Rules are rules and IF I was in ether one of your shoes, I don't want to die on a race track. Comp461 has a nice looking rig, so go race him and get some animosity out of your system. It sounds like a bunch of teenaged girls on here sometimes:(

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Simon its not a problem with any of them. Has anyone ever seen a return line come off even if the clip was not there they don't move. There is no pressure on the return. All the guy does is cause problem, get fired, start a new "Program", get fired and move on. I love it when someone has a FIX for nothing. I have raced for 30 years at a fairly high level and have seen a bunch of guys come and go just like this a$$hole. I have been burnt seen others get it and just can't stand it.

Ive never seen one come off. Ive seen a few cp3s blow up though! Maybe we should have blankets for them:D

To me it does seem a lil over the top.....however ill never need them.

There are a lot more things to worry about than those. Jmo

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
Iv got my return lines already done with 3an fittings. I spun them up in the lathe and taped them for an fittings. i did it not for racing but because the engine is in an off road race truck (Nissan patrol) and didn't want any of it coming off from foreign objects and it look cool :D

what did yours look like , we were thinking about -3 an and then some kind of manifold

Dick is an innovator , his new rocker system for the Duramax will be the standard when its released. He came down to show me the parts, each rocker is on a separate stand and each bridge is anchored in the base plate

spent 10 hours on the car today doing scoop and water system ,

the next day I'm off I have to pull my transmission and tear it down and send the case in for recertification. its fresh from Coan, so you can see I am no lover of tech , but the rule are there for a reason

Last edited:

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
to let everyone know my credentials

here is the first 8 second pass in a diesel truck 9 years ago. I took a bare Bickel chassis and installed a diesel engine in it . I enlisted Greg at ZZ to try his hand at Diesels . he laughed at me , his entire business is diesel now.

notice at the 60 foot no smoke and the wheels in the air

This was a NHRA event , and this was with out nitrous .

REDLIGHTLAUNCHDALLAS.jpg

I was laughed out on the old TDR for having my heads cut off and ported.

here is the very first Diesel Pro Mod race in history

not posting this to brag , its just to establish credentials. I have been racing in advanced level cars for 30+ years. finishing 6th in 2000 in comp one of the toughest classes in NHRA

and here is my comp ride at the World finals in Pomona in 2000

Last edited:

AUSDMAX

AUSSIE DURAMAX FANATIC
Mar 21, 2013
There just spun up then drilled and taped from each side for an fittings if i where to make another set I'd just do it so an 3an straight comes straight up then just use hose ends from there it would be much smaller and neater i thought but not sure I'll defs grab a set if you make some as it was a pain making them

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Rules

Why can't some of you see there is no rule with FACTORY LINES!!! I would race Greg but like always he will not race anyone. He wants to eliminate them, not race them. There is no problem now or ever. All you guys ever read a rule book and see how many loops a 4x4 truck would need to be legal? You all really don't want the tech guys "going by the book to the letter" cause noboby will race. By the way Mr NHRA I was until a few months back a certified SFI TECH INSPECTOR! Have been for 3 years. I have also wroked on the saftey safari with NHRA. You are no more than a trouble maker and discrace to the human race. I just blow apart a LEGAL SFI FLYWHEEL so should I be running around causing trouble because I had to spend a lot of money to get the car back togther. Maybe I should start a petition that we all wear SFI dipars because I about crapped my pants when that bomb went off behind me. Just think if it was in front of you under your feet in a truck!!!!! Maybe I should say all trucks need to have a SFI floor pan to stop it from coming up and getting personal. We could go on and on about what if's. There is danger in racing and may not be for some people. That shouldn't make me have the voice to say wether or not you should do something you love to do.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Why can't some of you see there is no rule with FACTORY LINES!!! I would race Greg but like always he will not race anyone. He wants to eliminate them, not race them. There is no problem now or ever. All you guys ever read a rule book and see how many loops a 4x4 truck would need to be legal? You all really don't want the tech guys "going by the book to the letter" cause noboby will race. By the way Mr NHRA I was until a few months back a certified SFI TECH INSPECTOR! Have been for 3 years. I have also wroked on the saftey safari with NHRA. You are no more than a trouble maker and discrace to the human race. I just blow apart a LEGAL SFI FLYWHEEL so should I be running around causing trouble because I had to spend a lot of money to get the car back togther. Maybe I should start a petition that we all wear SFI dipars because I about crapped my pants when that bomb went off behind me. Just think if it was in front of you under your feet in a truck!!!!! Maybe I should say all trucks need to have a SFI floor pan to stop it from coming up and getting personal. We could go on and on about what if's. There is danger in racing and may not be for some people. That shouldn't make me have the voice to say wether or not you should do something you love to do.

I dont think we questioned whether the rule already in place included factory lines and fittings, unless Greg did somewhere; I think it opened up a dialog about whether there should be a rule in the future.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL

You know, just wow. RULES ARE RULES. And MOST would agree that plastic and nylon sheethed fuel lines have no business in a NON OEM PERFORMANCE application. I've been booted from tracks because I had more than 12 inches of fuel line even though it was that way on said engine from the factory. In every instance the tech inspector said it was not in a stock vehicle(which it wasn't, I was racing a rail), and OEM no longer applied. I don't know either of you and due to an accident 12 years ago I can no longer race, so the rules no longer matter to me since I will never run in a pro race again. But you really are being a piece of work by accusing somebody of creating a problem when he got called on something by a tech inspector, and brought it to others attention so it wouldn't happen to them. Yes racing is dangerous, but we live in a litigious world now so you cannot any longer just think of yourself.

So go ahead and sling mud at others, your only showing who YOU truly are.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Why are you so emotional man? Relax, contribute tech, participate in tech discussions, but you need to stop pissing people off for no reason... Also drop the Greg Houge fan page BS no offense but that is absolutely ridiculous

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Lines:
All non-OEM fuel lines (including gauge and/or data
recorder lines) must be metallic, steel braided, or NHRA-accepted “woven or woven-pushlock.” A maximum of 12 inches total (front to rear) of non-metallic or non-steel braided hose is permitted for connection purposes only; individual injector nozzle and motorcycle fuel lines are excluded.

:D guess the tech guy skipped this part

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Sorry Everyone

It was not the tech guy! He was pretty cool and a good guy. THERE WAS NO ISSUES AT TECH! I passed tech just fine, like every other event I have been to this year and last. The only issue was Greg causing problems like he always does. Factory lines are ok, it's in there rules. I'm not sure why he starts trouble but he does. Juddski and Thefermanator sorry for the screaming at you guys but I don't think you understand how Greg works and none of us need him causing trouble. He will tell you something that you may think sounds good but it will not stop there. He always has a motive. I promise he will have these new lines from his FRIEND that just happened to be at the race making him other FREE STUFF. He keeps talking about what he has done. They only things he has been is pi$$ others off that have FIRED him and told him to leave. He has been run off every forum and racing group ha has been part of. I wish he would try and sue me, That would be funny! He can't because its the truth. He knows that. I almost fill sorry for him that he wants to be someone that bad.