NHRA tech and the Dmax injector fuel return line.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
What's the point of worrying about passing tech with a car that's never gonna make a pass in competition?

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
It was not the tech guy! He was pretty cool and a good guy. THERE WAS NO ISSUES AT TECH! I passed tech just fine, like every other event I have been to this year and last. The only issue was Greg causing problems like he always does. Factory lines are ok, it's in there rules. I'm not sure why he starts trouble but he does. Juddski and Thefermanator sorry for the screaming at you guys but I don't think you understand how Greg works and none of us need him causing trouble. He will tell you something that you may think sounds good but it will not stop there. He always has a motive. I promise he will have these new lines from his FRIEND that just happened to be at the race making him other FREE STUFF. He keeps talking about what he has done. They only things he has been is pi$$ others off that have FIRED him and told him to leave. He has been run off every forum and racing group ha has been part of. I wish he would try and sue me, That would be funny! He can't because its the truth. He knows that. I almost fill sorry for him that he wants to be someone that bad.

No hard feelings Jeff, like I said, I knew where you were coming from entirely and while I wasn't agreeing with you about the use of factory epuipment in these applications, I was not saying you shouldn't have passed tech or anything.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
NADM has hired a NHRA divisional Tech official as their new Tech director.
I like the way he techs, and doesn’t just bounce you for something wrong, but ask you to work towards becoming NHRA compliant.
I asked him to tech my car as hard as possible towards the rules, because I want no problem if I tow 2000 mile to run NHRA top dragster. My transmission case was in need of a new SFI tag, he didn't bounce it but wanted it fixed by next event. As the director of NADM tech , he has that latitude because they are a sanction body. At a NHRA event it would not have passes if the tech guy was doing his job.

My car is going to have to compete in Top dragster so it must have a advanced SFI tag
Now to the part everyone here will be interested in.
The plastic injector fittings and return lines. This is in the general rules and applicable to all classes. He told me that most NHRA tech would not even understand what they were, but could become aware.
The plastic and cloth wrapped lines were at issuer. I had a machinist there that makes the rockers for Haisley, Dick Smith tool and machine. He is building a set of metal tits and -3 lines to fix the problem. I don’t see this as a issue unless it is and advanced car

What is everyone thoughts on this , as we go faster and faster NHRA is taking notice

No, the NHRA is not taking notice unless some d*ckhead forces the issue.

Nobody is having a serious problem with plastic return lines anymore than plastic insulated wiring.

If you would have been racing Dmaxes a lot, you would know this by now.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I will concur with opinions above that Hogue is threat to expansion of diesel motorsports.

The idea that he is good with DQ'g 99% of Duramaxes for NHRA tracks is proof.

Time to move back to Dodge, Greg.

Or won't they have you back?

crzycowboy

May 21, 2012
Lines:
All non-OEM fuel lines (including gauge and/or data

recorder lines) must be metallic, steel braided, or NHRA-accepted “woven or woven-pushlock.” A maximum of 12 inches total (front to rear) of non-metallic or non-steel braided hose is permitted for connection purposes only; individual injector nozzle and motorcycle fuel lines are excluded.

Ok, I don't race, so have no reason to read any type of rules. If this statement here from the rule book is true, then from my point of view, I can see why someone would think another person would be causing issues. I can also say that if Jeff HAD to spend money to be legal, he would. Being his sponsor for the past 2 years, he's made that VERY clear. If the NHRA goes and revise's rules for fuel injected race cars, there is no doubt in my mind that anyone who race's a fuel injected vehical will make the necassary changes. They do this because they love to race and compete.

Just my 2cents.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Ok, I don't race, so have no reason to read any type of rules. If this statement here from the rule book is true, then from my point of view, I can see why someone would think another person would be causing issues. I can also say that if Jeff HAD to spend money to be legal, he would. Being his sponsor for the past 2 years, he's made that VERY clear. If the NHRA goes and revise's rules for fuel injected race cars, there is no doubt in my mind that anyone who race's a fuel injected vehical will make the necassary changes. They do this because they love to race and compete.

Just my 2cents.

Or they will just quit.

I'm absolutely good with fixing safety issues. The return lines aren't.

They aren't going to spray fuel everywhere if an engine explodes or bursts into flame.

They just leak.

However plastic insulated wires have been a problem. Diesels don't really need wires, so let's all run Nostalgia class in mechanical diesels.

As someone who has had a major engine failure at 200mph in a Duramax, it was the hot engine oil that was a risk, it was under pressure and went everywhere.

So let's eliminate engine oil as well.

Duramax One

Vote for Pedro
Aug 11, 2012
Oroville, CA
...so let's all run Nostalgia class in mechanical diesels.
...let's eliminate engine oil as well.

This is starting to sound like my old Ford 6.9. Mechanically injected and it did a pretty good job of eliminating oil on its own. Of course it was lucky if it turned a 17 second quarter and that was with the Banks wastegated turbo.

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
esu8ypun.jpg

Fahlin Racing

Aug 22, 2012
NE Ohio
So in basic sense, unless due to weather, weathered track surface or collateral damage exposure, the lines don't have a profound reason to be replaced? Why not build a protection shield? There are engine diapers for classes and top-end straps for the top fuelers etc in case of explosions.

I can see why changing the type of line to a rigid version is viewed by someone, however it doesn't hurt to have an option. I believe I remember seeing Greg mentioning this for people running 7.50 and faster. Which doesn't equate to anyone running a pickup. If the lines however are a material that can be destroyed by heat due to fire or some hot debris let alone anything flying up or over during racing from a possible competitor crashing it should be of a concern to a point.

If track is clean, and nobody crashes or explodes, debris shouldn't be a problem. However standards in racing in any motorsport should be taken into consideration, but if its only a certain level I believe the option to change should be there for other lower levels especially if someone were to move up a level of competition. If you have a truck running fast times, it would only be proper to replace easily damaged parts ie. nylon lines or plastic or basic rubber etc etc. whatever may be.

Its up to the person racing if he or she wants to change this or that if the option is there but not mandatory. Sometimes learning the hardway is the unfortunate outcome. Hope everyone is safe when they race!

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Lol

We "Could" also have a shield for the tires! We "could" cut a tire also. We "could" have metal box around the plastic fuel tanks. There "could" be a issue with something going into it. We "could" have issues with going to the store and getting shot by some gangbanger. We "could" make a law against that. All I forgot we have a law against that! Maybe just maybe "IF" he would just race instead of talking he "could" see it's not a issue.

Fahlin Racing

Aug 22, 2012
NE Ohio
No disagreement with me, some say the bullshit stops when the flag drops, until then life rolls the way it rolls.

Stinger, you around Columbus or whatever for Central Ohio?