New Turbo and still NO boost. HELP!!!

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Well, take it to a competent shop next time, and dont blame ProFab for that shop's f-up.

Last edited:

freestylest22

May 17, 2015
Springtown Texas
Well he ^^ is on his rag. Never blamed profab. The blame lies with the guy I paid to install them. Still not sure this is the problem since there is no soot around the pipes. And I can't see the passenger side pipe with my POS mirror.

freestylest22

May 17, 2015
Springtown Texas
Rancelot211, I can't tell about the A-arms. They went on with my lift. They do put the ball -joint in a better angle and the greaseable bushing and bolt in ball joint is nice.

freestylest22

May 17, 2015
Springtown Texas
I did a boost leak test and no leaks. The truck is running better all the time. I think the guy I bought it from may have babied it too much. I don't know. Rob is going to adjust the tuning once I get some dry weather to do some data logs to get back to him. I took the muffler off today and the turbo sounds awesome. Not too loud at all and no drone in the cab. Also installed an S&B CAI.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
I did a boost leak test and no leaks. The truck is running better all the time. I think the guy I bought it from may have babied it too much. I don't know. Rob is going to adjust the tuning once I get some dry weather to do some data logs to get back to him. I took the muffler off today and the turbo sounds awesome. Not too loud at all and no drone in the cab. Also installed an S&B CAI.

Did you put robs tunes back on it?

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Are you sure your trans isn't shifting wired causing problems?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I'd still be happy to take a look at it for you. I'm sure I can figure out what is going on with it.

Verlon at ATP

Mar 19, 2015
Get Marks tunes, he built the turbo

Mark has sent the base tunes for these chargers to Rob to build off of. One thing to be sure of is if you have a 3794 stg2 or a stg2r. Log files will definitely help to resolve the issue. Getting it to JoshH to look at would speed the process up to.

freestylest22

May 17, 2015
Springtown Texas
Josh if I get time I'll try to make it out to you. You're about 2.5 hours from me. Bonus on top of my orginal problem, the new fuel filter housing started leaking this afternoon and it died. Primed it back up.

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
I just read through this, my regular cab is similar. Just went from the 72mm Danville to the 68 stg2r. Once it gets past 2200 rpm or so it goes pretty good. Marks working with me great but IMO its something with the truck.

Super laggy down low and smokey, wondering if a towel made its way into the intercooler.

Also ever since installing the 72mm 2 years ago my mileage went to hell. I'd get 390-420 miles per tank and I get about half that now... lots of highway here with my daily.

Tired of chasing it, wish there was a decent shop in MN that could go through it. I've done 8 turbo swaps and my reg cab has been the only one to be a pain in the ass.