New Turbo and still NO boost. HELP!!!

wrcknkrw

Feb 21, 2008
roy ut
Well I'm also thinking it may not be a boost leak because the truck will build 22 or 24psi at max but it just takes a few seconds to SLOWLY get it there. Like there's a restriction somewhere. But the turbo I'm running is suppose to build 35 if my tuning is supporting this.

Your stock boost sensor will not read high enough. You need an aftermarket gauge to read higher than 24psi.

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
Not to hijack the thread or anything, but when you suspect a boost leak, or youre not making enough boost. At what point will a code be thrown? Or will there even be one

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Not to hijack the thread or anything, but when you suspect a boost leak, or youre not making enough boost. At what point will a code be thrown? Or will there even be one

Most tuned trucks won't throw one.. Especially if they have a turbo change..

I think anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
Most tuned trucks won't throw one.. Especially if they have a turbo change..

I think anyways

Gotcha. Just curious. Id imagine he would have one, but i guess not if his is tuned by rob. Mine is Rob tuned as well, only code ive ever got was a overboost code

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Gotcha. Just curious. Id imagine he would have one, but i guess not if his is tuned by rob. Mine is Rob tuned as well, only code ive ever got was a overboost code

Not sure how Rob does his tuning so im just guessing. I had an lbz that I bolted a 3794 on and went and drove it, jt threw an underboost code at some point while on the drive. Tuned it and now it's gone.

Robby05

Jul 25, 2014
Spokane, WA
Soooo when do you drive it to Josh & get a real diagnosis? Not to dog that shop but they spent an hour with it & didn't come up with anything?

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
What's ur maf reading at? Check mouth piece. Up pipes. Boost tubes intercooler pipes. All that good stuff. A data log to a good tuner such as rob or mark will tell alot. Air flow vane percentage the list goes on but good luck!

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
I had Texas Diesel Power in Weatherford look at it again today. Had two techs drive it and did a fuel pressure test and about an hour on the Tech 2 scanner.

I sent you my phone number in a private message. Text me when you get a chance and we can make a date to pressure test and hook up my laptop to it.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
I've cleaned my MAF a few times now. Crawled all over, under and inside the engine compartment. Spraying carb cleaner on the boost tubes and fittings to try and find a leak. Changed out a fuel filter with 2k miles on it, then changed out the fuel filter housing. I don't have any codes. :confused::confused:

What are you using to scan the ECM for codes.?