New Truck

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Maybe the guy read the directions wrong, one of the mounting positions for a FASS is just behind the cab on the bed mount frame perch just ahead of the filler neck.
=
=

=
=

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
That's probably an airdog...they have sandwich plates that squeeze the frame...way better mounting than fass imo

Ya its an airdog, not 100% sure what size. It looked pretty small tho.

Any plans for this 2006 truck OP?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I think ill be doing in the near future is cosmetic, as my new venture really has me budgeting for the next few months.
I've never done the color match thing, but this one I'm gonna color match the mirrors and bumpers, also gonna see how the fuels off my 16 will look against the greystone. Probably do sleeves as well...
Long term tho....lol I want to make a runner:D

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
So what didn't you like about the 16 and what did you get trade in if you don't mind me asking? I'm in the market for one and would love some feedback about it.

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
So what didn't you like about the 16 and what did you get trade in if you don't mind me asking? I'm in the market for one and would love some feedback about it.

I loved the 16, it was a financial decision to go into an older truck, had nothing to do with the new truck, aside from payments. Those lml's make good power deleted and tuned, and the interior of the denali is amazing. But I can honestly say, I don't think ill ever buy new again....unless i find a money tree:D

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
all back to stock....few bugs

ended up working all week and today finally found time to put the stock tune back in, installed all the sensors and reflashed..

at first start up i had a cel, and service exhaust system on the dash, along with 2 codes (P2495 EGR cooler bypass bank 1 high circuit, and P2455 filter differential pressure sensor low volt)

only reason im posting these codes is so people will know where to look if they every go back to stock and see the same codes. Luckily for me, both had to do with loose wiring and bad connections.

started off with a quick drive to appease the "regen in progress". the truck was sluggish and stuttered from a stop. took it home and found a loose plug on the EGR Cooler bypass plug (P2495 which is on the passanger side by the firewall next to the coolant overflow) cleared codes and that one stayed gone. The "regen in progress" went away, and all it was saying was "service exhaust system" no codes. Took it for the 30 mile regen drive. Pulled into the drivaway and and CEL light came on P2455 differential pressure sensor low voltage. This unit is the sensor mounted above the "big can" towards the rear of the exhaust, it has the 2 hoses coming from it, and a plug on the side. Pulled the plug, cleaned it, greased and reinstalled. cleared the codes and that sucker vanished too:thumb:

the drive must have done the truck on the regen, and all codes are gone..tomorrow morning im headed down to get the "new" truck.:happy2:

Attachments

• 16gmcstock.jpg
    16gmcstock.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 130

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
My 15 freaked the **** out when I had my buddy at the dealer flash it stock. I had to drive it about 60 miles at 75 before it chilled out and stopped throwing codes. I did drive it for a day or so tuned with the dpf reinstalled though... lol...

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
My 15 freaked the **** out when I had my buddy at the dealer flash it stock. I had to drive it about 60 miles at 75 before it chilled out and stopped throwing codes. I did drive it for a day or so tuned with the dpf reinstalled though... lol...

Ya it definitely freaked out, surging through the breaks at a stop, stuttering accelerating from a stop, codes...lol ya they sure don't like that shit going back on.

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
Can you get some better pictures of the lift pump mounting please as I have the same tank

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Second this request, they are huge trying to scope a spot as well

So, despite my request to leave the fuel system where it was they took EVERYTHING off the truck I asked them not to...including the airbags. So this morning I told the salesman to get it all together and ill be down Monday to get it all..told them the truck was sold to me as is..and that's how I bought it...but I got her home today..:D

Attachments

• 06chvyhome.jpg
    06chvyhome.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Good looking truck. Sort of miss the old body style trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
They coulda kept that gay light bar. :D

Good looking truck.

Lol ya, its going away soon..just gotta look into installing fog lights on it..it didn't come with them factory. Not sure what that projects gonna take.

Good looking truck. Sort of miss the old body style trucks.

Ya as much as I loved my 16, I'm so much more at home in these older trucks, despite the missing creature comforts...plus they look damn good