NEW Top 25 Stock rules poll

Do you like the proposed new rules?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
Josh, I think you may have done this wrong. I mean no offense and you've really stepped up and your doing great but all you've done is proposed a set of rules.

I think the poll should allow all the little items to be voted on. Most all of us agree on the basics, but there are a lot of us that don't agree with some of the stuff. I think you should weed those items out and allow people to vote on those separately.

I know that's going to be a lot more work, but should get the rules more accurate to what the members like.

I also think the vehicle needs to be driven to the track. ;)

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Big task to undertake here! If allowing SO MANY modifications to air in air up but yet it's Taboo to have a Banks Big Head Wastegate? Also no head studs?

Nonetheless I agree with those saying stock is stock but you'll never get the majority to agree on that either all though that s what it is all about! Look at the RWYB list. I wish you the best of luck.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Josh, I think you may have done this wrong. I mean no offense and you've really stepped up and your doing great but all you've done is proposed a set of rules.

I think the poll should allow all the little items to be voted on. Most all of us agree on the basics, but there are a lot of us that don't agree with some of the stuff. I think you should weed those items out and allow people to vote on those separately.

I know that's going to be a lot more work, but should get the rules more accurate to what the members like.

I also think the vehicle needs to be driven to the track. ;)
Maybe so, Rick, but if there is something that someone doesn't agree with, they should vote no. If there is one (or more) issue(s) that stand out as something a lot of people have a problem with, we can address those individually. I really didn't expect the votes to go the way they are, and it makes me a little nervous.

Big task to undertake here! If allowing SO MANY modifications to air in air up but yet it's Taboo to have a Banks Big Head Wastegate? Also no head studs?

Nonetheless I agree with those saying stock is stock but you'll never get the majority to agree on that either all though that s what it is all about! Look at the RWYB list. I wish you the best of luck.
A Banks Big Head is allowed. That is a waste gate actuator, not a waste gate.

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
I agree with Jeff. Stock should mean stock. No headers, up pipes, downpipes, fuel cells, all interior must remain intact, no modded regulators and must be driven to the track.

I don't give a shit what you guys say about fuel cells not making you faster, that is a huge advantage over a stock tank. In both weigh savings, location and fuel delivery. I know for a fact i cant race with only 5 gallons of fuel in my stock 34 gallon tank that probably weighs almost 50 pounds empty.

I think headstuds should be allowed because they don't make the truck any faster by themselves. And besides, quite a few trucks have had HG replacement and I bet a majority of them didn't use stock headbolts.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I'm for headstuds Id hate to see a guy get not counted because he blew a head gasket and didn't put stock head bolts back in.just my 02 cents

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Thats what I'm afraid of (well not really afraid) but people on the list now might not be just because of studs!

cntry125

Gearhead
Sep 7, 2008
Wisconsin
I feel that if headers/ manifolds are allowed head studs should also be. Since H/M make a difference in egts/ spool up, Headstuds should be allowed for the increased abillity to effect holding cylinder pressure, as both egts and cylinder pressure are a reliability issue.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I think stock should be STOCK! No fuel cells, No Headers/manifolds, NO weight reduction other than the normal stuff(tail gate,spare tire). I think(maybe i'm wrong) but it was for truely stock trucks at the start. Somebody can drive anything if they want. I could drive the dragster if I wanted to it's got lights horn and doesn't run hot if i'm get running it. It really doesn't matter to me but I think stock should be stock.

x2!!

I think a wheel upgrade should be allowed at minimum for turbo regs, i also think stg 1 & 2 charger upgrade should be allowed, and to keep the turbo size restraints at that point(no greater than stg 2, no danville vgt72) since the parts can be purchased from gm.

What can be ordered through GM? STOCK TURBO AND CP3, NO REGULATOR! Lb7 has the biggest injectors, thats one reason they dont hold the pressure. If you allow a reg in an lb7, I'm gonna wanna run injectors in my lbz.

My no vote is based on this.... Add headstuds

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Aftermarket intercooler?! Um, no. Stock is fine.

Gutted interior? No. Only seat removal. Factor floor covering & door panels & trim should remain along w/ all interior devices & controls.

Fuel cell?! Um, definitely not.

After market manifolds/headers & up pipes? Nah. Stock is fine. Those w/ EGR deletes can run an LB7 or welded stocker.

$0.02 from a spectator. :D

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I havn't voted but I have a suggestion. To make this easier for the average person to be competative I would suggest that no parts be swapped from year to year. Turbo, CP3, regulator should be factory. No LMM turbos on LBZ's and so on. Also since most everyone on this site installs studs when replacing head gaskets and they dont give an unfair power or weight advantage I would like to see them accepted. Everything else looks good and well thought out, good job!

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
i think anything is a go as long as it is stock motor (no lb7 pistons with lbz rods, etc), stock CP3 (no lbz reg on lb7 pump), stock injectors, and stock turbo (no batmowheel this and that). and no injectables.

other than that why does it matter if it has a fuel cell or gutted interior, etc

thats my take on it. :thumb:

TylerS

Gearhead
I voted Yes because I think 90% or more of the rules seem fair, however, I don't think a different fuel cell should count as stock.

I fit the rules perfectly.:woott: Now just need my tranny built and some EFI Live tuning. Any donors or volunteers? :D

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
i think anything is a go as long as it is stock motor (no lb7 pistons with lbz rods, etc), stock CP3 (no lbz reg on lb7 pump), stock injectors, and stock turbo (no batmowheel this and that). and no injectables.

other than that why does it matter if it has a fuel cell or gutted interior, etc

thats my take on it. :thumb:
The only problem with the fuel cell and gutted interior is the average person cant do this and you start heading back in the direction of a full blown race truck list.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
The only problem with the fuel cell and gutted interior is the average person cant do this and you start heading back in the direction of a full blown race truck list.
The average guy can't build his transmission either.

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
The average guy can't build his transmission either.

I think he means the average guy that uses his truck daily can't do this. No way am I stripping my interior or sticking a fuel cell in the bed. Hell having a stack in the bed is a enough of a pain in the ass when hauling stuff.
And no one is gonna completely agree with every rule. Just set the rules and run with them. It's cool to have lists like we do so we can see how far guys push their shit. Stock or not its cool. I like seeing a stock truck go 11's as much as do seeing max'd out go 9's.

Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I think he means the average guy that uses his truck daily can't do this. No way am I stripping my interior or sticking a fuel cell in the bed. Hell having a stack in the bed is a enough of a pain in the ass when hauling stuff.
Yeah, that makes sense, and I agree with you on the fuel cell. I can go either way on that one. The stripping the interior thing is such a lame excuse though. Anyone who really cares can strip all the stuff out of the inside of their truck in just a couple of hours, and it can all be put back in after they're done. It isn't permanent.