NEW Top 25 Stock rules poll

Do you like the proposed new rules?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
You could still drive on the street with qa1s and overloads removed. Don't see an issue as long as the mounts are stock and in stock location. No interior and a fuel cell would render a truck useless though. I think rear seats in ec and cc should be removable but pass seat should stay in all trucks. Help keep the big trucks competitive.

That's where and how the trouble starts with this statement IT COULD BE DRIVEN ON THE STREET

Anything COULD be driven on the street but is it legal to be on the street, can the truck be used for it's intended purpose, are you allowing what is obviously a non street truck?

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working
That's where and how the trouble starts with this statement IT COULD BE DRIVEN ON THE STREET

Anything COULD be driven on the street but is it legal to be on the street, can the truck be used for it's intended purpose, are you allowing what is obviously a non street truck?

I agree. I just bought Rancho 9000 that are adjustable and intended for use on a heavy duty truck, thus towing. Drag raced with them at Byron with 20lb boost launches and they ride great.

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
I agree. I just bought Rancho 9000 that are adjustable and intended for use on a heavy duty truck, thus towing. Drag raced with them at Byron with 20lb boost launches and they ride great.

I have these shocks too, they are awesome on the track

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Josh, no matter how hard you try you will never convince me that gutting an interior on a daily driver is OK. It's not that easy either. Removing the tailgate is easy. Dropping the spare is a pain, but doable. Unbolting the back seat and pass side seats are borderline. Removing door panels, carpet, radio, ...... is not something that anyone should do on a daily driver.

Rick the spare tire, second battery, rear bumper, spare holder, tow hitch, running boards if you have them, back seat and passanger's seat all take less than an 90 minutes total especially if you and a buddy have done it at least once. I didn't even bother to reinstall my spare or the holder and just hauled it in the bed till after the racing season. Taking out the radio and interior door panels and carpet are not worth the weight savings. We completely took out all that stuff in Max'd Out including the heater core and air bags, (left the door panels in) and didn't get 50 lbs worth.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
The head studs again regardless that they can allow additional holding capacity you'll never get there anyway with stock internals of the engine. Anyone that has popped a LB7 HG I'll bet didn't put stock studs back in. I say let them be allowed.

I blew a head gasket on studs in my stock 02. Running propane and water/meth have had something to do with it however.:D

Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Already happened on the old list.
I can't say for sure that anyone did or didn't buil a race truck just for the old list, but I think the 11.90 index class has more to do with what happened with the old list than anything. I certainly hope no one cares that much about being on a stupid list.

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working
I can't say for sure that anyone did or didn't buil a race truck just for the old list, but I think the 11.90 index class has more to do with what happened with the old list than anything. I certainly hope no one cares that much about being on a stupid list.

It's not about caring about the list. It's about setting goals and reaching them. BTW your doing a great job at maintaining order and finding resolution.

DURAMXD

BOB SAGET!
Apr 24, 2012
Wichita, KS
Alright, I'm bumping this because I keep thinking about it. Debating on buying some slicks and going after Charles this year. :thumb:

Is this going to come back to life and start the real list or what?

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
isn't that the beauty of a diesel truck, strip off the easy weight go to the track. race and drive home. then go to work the next day? I don't have a problem with it, if its that big of a deal maybe there needs to be separate body classes. rc/lb , cc/sb, ect ect...

im passed being on the list that's just my .02

I say no built tranny's, and on a side note ill say a zf with a dual disc isn't a built tranny:roflmao:

good job I look forward to the list

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
Prince George, BC, Canada
Its a little late to throw in my opinion, but I agree with built trannys not being allowed. A built tranny is altered every bit as much as a built motor. Parts are removed and replaced with stronger components.

Guess I'll just have to try harder to get into spot 25 without actually modifying components on my truck :p