New to the forum

Jordan91

Nov 30, 2015
Flandreau, sd
Hi everyone! New to the forum here hoping to get some questions answered I can't seem to find on my own. I have a 2007 GMC 2500hd with the lbz. First off I found I can send my ecm into crank it up diesel and get a 5 way switch and it programmed for an egr delete. Has anyone sent gone through them? Also I was thinking of doing just an egr block maybe instead of delete? Any suggestions on kits to buy or should I just make the plates and stuff myself? Also is there any write ups on the delete and the block just so I have an idea on wut I'm doing before I do it.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
There is plenty of great tuners available. I don't consider crank it up to be one of them. Get in touch with one of our vendors and they'll get you all set up with tunes and a blocker plate.

And welcome!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jordan91

Nov 30, 2015
Flandreau, sd
Any in particular. I kind of liked the idea of having the switch. I have a superchip now that came with it and its not very convenient for switching.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Kory at ppei, Tony at Ridge runner, Mark at danville, Rob at ATP. Any of our vendors. It's a dsp5 switch and you can use it with any tuner.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
X2 The vendors on this site are the best. Thats not to say Crank it up isn't, but their customer service seems lacking.

I would/did just buy a block off plate over doing a delete.

Jordan91

Nov 30, 2015
Flandreau, sd
So I just need one block off plate if I go that route right? Also I read that our motors with no upgrades to injectors or anything else can do 530 horse. Is this true? I Am not one to be on it all the time so will this hurt my tranny if I have a tune that big or is there something I need to do in there? With my superchip I keep it in tow/performance and still hardly ever get on it.

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
Yes a tune that big will take your tranny out.. If you wanna run a max effort tune you'll have to have it rebuilt..

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
$5k to get your trans built, but it could last years before it burns up the clutches. Like Coco said get a Trans go jr. its like $100 plus install. I would do that before a lift pump IMO. It would help your trans last that much longer when the lift pump will help it burn up that much faster.

Jordan91

Nov 30, 2015
Flandreau, sd
Is that years if I don't hardly have it on the big tune or years just doing it once in awhile? I guess what's the biggest power jump a guy could go and be safe?

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
Is that years if I don't hardly have it on the big tune or years just doing it once in awhile? I guess what's the biggest power jump a guy could go and be safe?

Welcome! I wouldn't go over 90 horse personally. Anything over that your clutches are guaranteed to slip. I slipped my worn out trans on a crappy 85hp bullydog tune when I bought my first duramax.

The tuners on here are great for pointing you in the right direction. I used Rob Coddens (IdahoRob), and he has been great for me.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course

I think 120hp tune with a transgo is pretty safe if your not towing or beating on it much. No telling on bigger my trans lived 2 years on a high 400s tune with lots of beating, but I had a transgo jr from day one almost. I trashed it doing rolling burnout which is a huge NoNo.

Jordan91

Nov 30, 2015
Flandreau, sd
Ok thanks! That's why I wanted different tunes with a 5 way switch so t would be easy to switch but I'll keep it on a lesser one 99% of the time. Is the transgo hard to put in? It's just a shift kit isn't it?

Jordan91

Nov 30, 2015
Flandreau, sd
Ok well I think I will try to find one of the vendors mentioned I can send my ecm to, it looks like that would save me some money I think. Then a blocker plate and transgo.

fastpunker

adrenaline junkie
Feb 7, 2012
Lake Havasu City, AZ
Ok thanks! That's why I wanted different tunes with a 5 way switch so t would be easy to switch but I'll keep it on a lesser one 99% of the time. Is the transgo hard to put in? It's just a shift kit isn't it?

:welcome6::welcome3:
I wouldn't be switching tunes all that much, doesn't sound like you would, but just a word of advise is... our transmissions are constantly learning how we drive the truck. When switching from tune to tune the engine is providing different power levels to the transmission, the trans then has to learn how to shift with the different power level. Constantly switching back and forth can be harmful to the trans. Welcome to the forum and enjoy the truck!!