New to the forum

Jordan91

Nov 30, 2015
Flandreau, sd
So if I switch it would be bad on the tranny? I haven't changed my tune on my superchip for prolly a year now Lol. I'm pretty consistant that way I guess.

Jordan91

Nov 30, 2015
Flandreau, sd
I was honestly very hesitant on joining this forum Cuz everyone seems like they r ok with throwing 10k into their truck and I just want to be modest with everything lol. Everyone seems so knowledgeable here though I like this one best

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I think you should call a tuner (ATP, Ridgerunner, Starlite, PPEI, etc -- look in the vendor section) and ask them what trans-safe tuning that they would recommend, then go from there. It would be best to keep any extra power under +100hp.

fastpunker

adrenaline junkie
Feb 7, 2012
Lake Havasu City, AZ
So if I switch it would be bad on the tranny? I haven't changed my tune on my superchip for prolly a year now Lol. I'm pretty consistant that way I guess.

You are ok to switch it, I was just trying to say don't switch it to often... like a teenager would do lol.

I don't switch my tunes unless I am going to be drive 100 miles or more. This way the transmission has time to learn and "settle" in. What beats it up is when it is in the "learning mode" because of the different torque (power) input after switching the tune, and it starts to apply the clutches at different pressure and timing intervals, ie shocking or slipping the clutches more than what they should be.

I think you should call a tuner (ATP, Ridgerunner, Starlite, PPEI, etc -- look in the vendor section) and ask them what trans-safe tuning that they would recommend, then go from there. It would be best to keep any extra power under +100hp.

This is sound advise. x2 on contacting any of those tuners Tom stated.

Last edited:

Jordan91

Nov 30, 2015
Flandreau, sd
Ok thanks. I bought it from a coworker who always kept it on tow performance because it also gave him the best mileage. So that would explain the two times I switched it to performance and it seemed like the tranny shifted like shit when I put it down wouldn't it? I could tell there was a lot more power but yeah it also felt awful on the tranny.