New steering suport for pullers and racers

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Does not affect turning radius. I think it works better for pulling and racing than the cognito kit, I have seen problems with cognito brackets bending and cracking.

Yep!! So have I...on multiple trucks. :(

This looks like a real winner Tony...the best of both worlds. Stronger than the pitman/idler arm braces, yet it doesnt affect the turning radius. :cool:

maine04max

Dec 11, 2008
is this something you recommend bolting on when racing and remove when daily driving?

Philtopgun

Nice n Easy
May 5, 2007
Edmond,OK-still a Texan
if its allows you to turn the wheels with no probs.. dont c why to take it off. Glad I just saw this, was just fixing to buy braces!!! I have sleeves already on... c if this works, but im sure its already proven well past my power levels:thumb: buying now

95 z71

SUDDEN IMPACT
Aug 11, 2009
Cavan, Ontario
Tony built one of these on my truck two years ago. I daily drive my truck and have over 50 sled pulls on it and my wheels stay straight hooked to the sled. Your turning radius doesn't change.This newer version looks even stronger than the one I have and the plastic is a nice touch. Definitely worth buying imo.

chrisuns

Sep 11, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Also can we get some installed pictures for we can see what the set-up looks like? Should help a lot as I'm very interested in getting one and would like to see how this goes on.

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
Its man use is for keeping the tires from toeing in pulling or drag racing. I made one for my lbz 3 years ago and it worked awesome. I just got mine from Tony today but wont put it on until Sunday. Looks real nice and good quality work.

Tony Burkhard

Allseason Diesel Per.
Its man use is for keeping the tires from toeing in pulling or drag racing. I made one for my lbz 3 years ago and it worked awesome. I just got mine from Tony today but wont put it on until Sunday. Looks real nice and good quality work.
You will want to reverse the lower front control arm bolt or cut them off at the nut, this is the only mod to get it to fit.