New setup is done

wilrob

Back in the Motherland
Sep 14, 2016
Dallas, TX
Not trying to upset the apple cart too much here, but does PayPal need this level of proof? Or would they accept a note written up from a local mechanic on his estimate form. Let's say he provides you with something stating installed customer supplied injectors and then reinstalled customer's stock injectors because replacements were defective. Or that he bench tested injectors and found no fuel flow etc. I'd hate to see you could be throwing good money after bad here. What about pulling the tips and just cleaning them and swapping them onto your bodies?

Those would be some expensive tips..

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Those would be some expensive tips..

Cheaper than 8 paperweights if he spends money on proof only to roll snake eyes. It was only a very last effort suggestion, but thanks for adding so much content with your post :thumb:

wilrob

Back in the Motherland
Sep 14, 2016
Dallas, TX
Cheaper than 8 paperweights if he spends money on proof only to roll snake eyes. It was only a very last effort suggestion, but thanks for adding so much content with your post :thumb:

Don't take it personal buddy, I'm sure Josh is very aware that might be the best reality, unfortunately.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I'm home sick and had to cancel my trip to Danville... so I'll take a Midol and go back to reading. LOL

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
What do you guys think? Pay $400 for exergy to look at them then another $600 to clean them and hope there usable? Have $3200 into the set then and may or may not work.. seems kind of dumb they can’t just inspect 2 of them and try to get 2 of them working and charge me the $50 each for 2 injectors.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Walk away. Sucks but sometimes you gotta cut your losses and chalk it up to a life lesson. Save your money for new ones. You will be much happier in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Take them apart yourself and clean the nozzle / body. Worth a shot, and it's free.

Eating the cost of this set, PLUS a new set is far outweighed by the cost of having this set cleaned / rebuilt.

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
How tough is it to take apart the nozzle and clean the body? Is there any way I could see corrosion or anything by taking the nozzle off?

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
don't lose the little assed puck in there if you take apart the nozzles! I knew this ahead of time when I did mine, and it saved my ass, because they are small.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Risky? Maybe. But I don't see an issue. It's not ideal but it'll work, lots of people swap nozzles around, I've done it with other Bosch injectors. I think Exergy modifies more than just the nozzle on the 100% stuff but I could be wrong.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Send the bum sticks in as cores for new 100s, then sell your working stock injectors?? Help get at least some of the money back.

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
You can swap nozzles but I wouldn't risk it, not after the luck you've had with them, hell they may be a few 100 over nozzles in the set mixed with a few stock, all stock, no telling. Nope wouldn't try it.

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Think I’ll jist send them to exergy and hope they can work some magic on them. Supposedbly they only have 10k miles on them. The bodies themselves don’t have much of any rust on them so I can believe that