New setup is done

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Anybody have a phone number for s&s? The guy I talked to at exergy was a straight up asshole. Horrible customer service. Said I need to pay $400 for testing then he will call me and go over options as far as cleaning etc. so if they clean and test them that $1000...

Exergy will never tell you your injectors are good unless they sold them new to you 3.9 days ago. I'm not saying they sell bad products.

Send them to Proformance fuel in clearfield, pa. Bosch dealer with the correct test stands. He will tell you exactly what you have and you can go from there.

Summit_Rider

Jun 6, 2016
Midland Diesel in Fargo ND also has the proper test stands and is not to far away from you. You could try giving them a call. If you decide to call them ask for John.

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Sounds good I will call both of these places and see what they have to say. I just don’t quite understand what could have happened to all 8 of them within a year. Hopefully jusybs cleaning can get them going

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
Sounds good I will call both of these places and see what they have to say. I just don’t quite understand what could have happened to all 8 of them within a year. Hopefully jusybs cleaning can get them going

Peoples cleanliness standards vary greatly when it comes to mechanical components, some guys think it's ok to leave fuel parts/ports uncovered for months/weeks on end while kicking floor dry around the whole time while working on stuff :mad:

Is this what happened to yours who knows, could have been the install shop or it could have been the guy you bought them from, or just fuel varnish inside from sitting around you never know.

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
Is it the nozzles that would be bad or the actual body?

There could be a piece of dirt in the nozzle keeping it from sealing, dirt in the ball/seat solenoid assembly, ect... varnish causing the needle, pintle, solenoid, ect to stick, ect... the list goes on. What was the problem with them anyways I don't remember were you posted the issue other than they were bad.

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
I had all 8 100% overs in the truck and it wouldn’t fire, had plenty of rail pressure etc. it wasn’t wanting to fire on one cylinder at all. Swapped one stock injector in along with the 7 100s and it tried to fire on the cylinder with stock injector. So I swapped all stock back in and truck runs great. So all 8 of those 100s are not letting fuel through. The seller said they were in a built motor lmm making around 1100hp daily that had 10k miles on them when the truck got totaled and he decided to part out. The injectors arrived with a nice orange tape on the nozzle, hp Inlet and electrical connector. He said he pulled them and sealed them up right away and had them all individually bagged.

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
Here's the other thing what do you think the probability of success is with a guy working on a fuel system with a garage door open with wind blowing through the shop, or doing shit outside with a breeze blowing with dirt and shit being knocked loose while wrestling around in the engine compartment. Not saying this to place blame on anyone just noting how sensitive these things can be (I would really hate to be a injector supplier lol), who knows what the deal is with yours I would say varnish/corrosion from siting. Your probably best to cut your losses and move on or pay to have them cleaned/tested.

You could go buy a cheap sonic cleaner from ebay, digital microscope for inspection, take lots of pics, patience, notes, a very clean space, and have a wack at it yourself. The probability of succeeding is probably very low but hey they are junk anyways and if it's your time your not out much

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
The fact that I swapped my stockers back in and the truck runs great I know it’s not something I did. I took even more care with the 100s when installing them.

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
The fact that I swapped my stockers back in and the truck runs great I know it’s not something I did. I took even more care with the 100s when installing them.

I wasn't pointing the finger just telling you how shit can go wrong, that's why I will never buy used injectors because you don't know what the last guy did :hug:

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
I had all 8 100% overs in the truck and it wouldn’t fire, had plenty of rail pressure etc. it wasn’t wanting to fire on one cylinder at all. Swapped one stock injector in along with the 7 100s and it tried to fire on the cylinder with stock injector. So I swapped all stock back in and truck runs great. So all 8 of those 100s are not letting fuel through. The seller said they were in a built motor lmm making around 1100hp daily that had 10k miles on them when the truck got totaled and he decided to part out. The injectors arrived with a nice orange tape on the nozzle, hp Inlet and electrical connector. He said he pulled them and sealed them up right away and had them all individually bagged.
This alone without any test results is not enough for PayPal to refund your money imo. Get them tested and try again

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Can’t. Case is closed and can never be re opened. They gave me 3 days to get evidence, asked exergy if I over night they still can’t get to them for 2-3 weeks

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Well aside from the injector shit I am still having a blast with the truck on stock injectors. I did a real soft launch tonight and compared it to some videos of my vgt setup that ran 12.8. It looks and feels much faster!

I also got a good kill on the interstate tonight. Rolled up next to a dmax with a big ole 10” Cali dump. He floors it without any honks so i floor it too. He easily has 8 trucks on me, we were going 70 when we took off. Once I spooled i realed him in real quick and blew by him at 100 like he was standing still. He came up next to me on my drivers side with Window down and him and his girl gave me a thumbs up

[YOUTUBE]OxaTvb49KDg[/YOUTUBE]

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Well PayPal was supposed to close the case on 11/4. Just checked last night and it’s still open and they are still reviewing it. I found a place here in town that is a Bosch certifies tedt facility. Gonna bring them there today!