New personal best for Brett Deutsch in the C10!

Dave c

Jul 7, 2013
faster yes, quicker no

the mustang is quicker and faster.. why do you claim faster/quicker when the list shows otherwise.

pushing aside the weight difference between your truck and others is very missleading. i really dont care just pointing it out cause im sure someone here does care.

Dave c

Jul 7, 2013
and it doesn't have a Duraflight in it

But neither do you! It has one of the worst trans in the world to make power on...4l80 a stepchild of the lackluster 400. point was duramax engine in your class. So you went fast, great for you, now stop with all the "why your not "the" fastest. excuses, black truck, flat tire, different trans, 4 clinders missing, blown turbo's....Sucks were off work today, im playing internet hero. later

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
But neither do you! It has one of the worst trans in the world to make power on...4l80 a stepchild of the lackluster 400. point was duramax engine in your class. So you went fast, great for you, now stop with all the "why your not "the" fastest. excuses, black truck, flat tire, different trans, 4 clinders missing, blown turbo's....Sucks were off work today, im playing internet hero. later

No Dave, your missing the whole picture here! All the vehicles your trying to compare to Brett's truck regardless of weight and trany choice are ALL NITRIOUS powered vehicles. The argument is Duraflite vs. 4R100. MPH is not what we are talking about, ET is what wins the race. You can go 200mph but if you don't get there first it doesn't matter. I didn't forget about Buck or any of the others you are referring to. Brett's is fuel only VGT twin turbo setup and makes a ton of torque which is what is so hard on the trany/convertor setups. NO excuses here just facts so your alittle off base here sir!

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Not that it matters, but Buck's truck is over 1000 lbs heavier and ran within .02 of Brett's best at a higher MPH. I don't care if it runs nitrous or not, it would seem logical to me that Buck's truck would be harder on a transmission.

I'm not trying to take anything away from your accomplishments. I think it's impressive what you're doing with that truck, and I hope you continue to improve. I'd love to see a Duramax winning in Pro Street or whatever class it is you're planning on racing.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
No Dave, your missing the whole picture here! All the vehicles your trying to compare to Brett's truck regardless of weight and trany choice are ALL NITRIOUS powered vehicles. The argument is Duraflite vs. 4R100. MPH is not what we are talking about, ET is what wins the race. You can go 200mph but if you don't get there first it doesn't matter. I didn't forget about Buck or any of the others you are referring to. Brett's is fuel only VGT twin turbo setup and makes a ton of torque which is what is so hard on the trany/convertor setups. NO excuses here just facts so your alittle off base here sir!

So your saying his truck makes more torque than Bucks truck because he runs a VGT? Between Bucks weight and power difference the Trans is seeing a lot more abuse. They have almost the same MPH and E.T yet bucks 60 wasn't what it should be and he weighs over 1000 pounds more so what does that tell you. On a side note I'm pretty sure that chowder head dmitri ran a 156 MPH but the ET sucked.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Here we go again! Another example of someone posting some great news that they are proud and should make all Dmax owners smile, only to have some new chach try to rain on the parade!! Anything below 10 is damn impressive so Congrats to all on the times! And congrats to Brett What a sweet ride!

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
I'm not even sure what we are really arguing over here. I'm not trying to clam any records here, I'm just sharing my finding with everyone. I don't try and hide anything or have any secrets with my truck.
I talked with Buck at SDX for probably 2Hr. He is a supper cool and nice guy and I'm sure his truck is making more power then mine. I don't doubt that. I do doubt that his truck is 1000 pounds heaver then mine, but who knows it maybe.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
I'm not even sure what we are really arguing over here. I'm not trying to clam any records here, I'm just sharing my finding with everyone. I don't try and hide anything or have any secrets with my truck.
I talked with Buck at SDX for probably 2Hr. He is a supper cool and nice guy and I'm sure his truck is making more power then mine. I don't doubt that. I do doubt that his truck is 1000 pounds heaver then mine, but who knows it maybe.

I think its badass that you are going the trans route that you are. Following in other peoples shoe's doesnt get you ahead of the pack.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
So your saying his truck makes more torque than Bucks truck because he runs a VGT? Between Bucks weight and power difference the Trans is seeing a lot more abuse. They have almost the same MPH and E.T yet bucks 60 wasn't what it should be and he weighs over 1000 pounds more so what does that tell you. On a side note I'm pretty sure that chowder head dmitri ran a 156 MPH but the ET sucked.

I'm with Brett, why are we arguing about this??? Good lord guys, starting to wonder why I even bother anymore.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
X 2 this is exactly why reputable minds think twice about posting here anymore. Cause there is always some dipshit that has to challenge their credibility or prove that their opinion is better. Can't we all just give a big congratulations without stealing someone's thunder !!?????

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
I think its badass that you are going the trans route that you are. Following in other peoples shoe's doesnt get you ahead of the pack.

Exactly, I pm'd him earlier congratulating him, and thanking him for being one of the first to run cast fingers oval pistons in a race build. Someone's got to be first, and he took the risk of running a new technology at the risk of thousands of dollars if it didn't work out.

Once again, congrats.