New Mike L Trans Kit

Max Attitude

11SIX
Mar 7, 2012
Caledonia, MI
Mike didn't start this thread, and shipping isn't that expensive if you really want him to build it

Don't know what you consider expensive but I'm sure shipping an Alli cross country would be in my book. I would like to do the build myself with good parts all set up ready to install.:thumb:

...and sorry, I realize he didn't start this thread but he has been teasing!

kivetts04dmax

May 20, 2010
Boonville, MO/Pendleton, CA
Don't know what you consider expensive but I'm sure shipping an Alli cross country would be in my book. I would like to do the build myself with good parts all set up ready to install.:thumb:

...and sorry, I realize he didn't start this thread but he has been teasing!

Building an Allison is easy, but builders keep their little trucks to themselves that makes their trannys better than if a customer built theirs..anyone could build one for around $2500 and it cost about $2500 more to have a builder do it, to me that's dumb when I can do it, I just don't know the little tweaks that they won't share..a trans is super easy to build though..I'm just saying that extra $2500 is a turbo or something else I could have..not bashing anyone, but I I build these at work all day then why would I pay someone to do it? I have all the special tools and could even dyno it at work to see how it shifts and all the rpm ranges, lock ups, etc

FC5452

Mar 17, 2013
Eastern PA
You have a key statement in there, all the tools and needed equipment to do the job. The other issue is time and space and knowledge. Which you stated you have. I'm sure if I wanted to do one myself I probably could, after I spend a g spot on tools.
The other issue for me, not sayin everyone can't, but if I screw it up I'm out that 2500 and then some, depending on what else goes with it. There goes the extra turbo lol....
A reputable builder will stand by there wears, if you go into it truthfully and not build a trans for 500hp and turn up the heat to 6-7 or 800 hp then you'll probably be in the same boat.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I would pay an extra 2500 all day long to get it built right the first time by the best there is.

I've rebuilt several stock Allisons but a performance built allison is just not something i want to do if someone else can do it 5x better.