New Mike L Trans Kit

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I'm torn wether I want to sell this or not. I used to sell a lot of Suncoast kits and it kept me on the phone too much. Too many people didn't know WTF they were doing and arguing with me. I stopped selling kits 5 years ago and life has been good. I've sold a few of the new kits to professional shops and it hasn't been too bad. Selling to DIY's is another story. Just don't know if I want to do this again.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
so lets say you decide not to sell the kits to private party are you still selling/installing the kits in house at this time?

weazel

Oct 5, 2011
Mason, TX
Sure hope you decide to sell to the public, been patiently waiting for a YES answer for awhile now, definitely needing to get my trans built..... :thumb:

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I'm torn wether I want to sell this or not. I used to sell a lot of Suncoast kits and it kept me on the phone too much. Too many people didn't know WTF they were doing and arguing with me. I stopped selling kits 5 years ago and life has been good. I've sold a few of the new kits to professional shops and it hasn't been too bad. Selling to DIY's is another story. Just don't know if I want to do this again.

K.I.S.S

Mike, k.i.s.s

But there is always the option of reaching out to select shops in several regions, explaining it to them, like training them to install your kit, possibly making them come out and build it at your shop, and then you could have Mike L certified performance trans shops all over the U.S. in select quantity of course. But if there were one shop for every three states or so, that seems pretty cool

Just a thought

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
K.I.S.S

Mike, k.i.s.s

But there is always the option of reaching out to select shops in several regions, explaining it to them, like training them to install your kit, possibly making them come out and build it at your shop, and then you could have Mike L certified performance trans shops all over the U.S. in select quantity of course. But if there were one shop for every three states or so, that seems pretty cool

Just a thought

The only problem with this scenario is shops copy/ stealing valuable info from Mike. A lot of hard work and R&D goes into this stuff to just give the info or knowledge to a bunch of shops. I completely see why he would not sell these

FC5452

Mar 17, 2013
Eastern PA
I've been following this thread Mike, don't take it the wrong way, but I believe your spot on with feeling like you do.
Personally I only want someone inside this trans that will make it sing for me.
There is only three people that have an interest in this trans for me, and you know them all.
Looking forward to seeing how this all comes out. Thanks for taking the time to answer some of my non understanding alli questions, it helped me make a good decision to wait it out.

Max Attitude

11SIX
Mar 7, 2012
Caledonia, MI
Just seems kinda crappy to make a thread about an upcoming kit and then say oops nevermind. I understand both sides. You are on the other side of the country for me though so I was really looking forward to this kit along with many others.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Just seems kinda crappy to make a thread about an upcoming kit and then say oops nevermind. I understand both sides. You are on the other side of the country for me though so I was really looking forward to this kit along with many others.

Don't give up just yet.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana

Mike didn't start this thread, and shipping isn't that expensive if you really want him to build it

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
K.I.S.S

Mike, k.i.s.s

Just a thought

i doubt mike wants to put his name on other builders work that is definitely not as good as his own work. :thumb: