New look

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
Make sure to use a high build primer on the mirrors so you can sand them smooth before applying base coat. These mirrors really look sharp painted when they're as smooth as silk!

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
the front bumper painted how you have it really makes the two tone paint job look just right! :thumb:

just curious though are both black pieces on the bumper painted? i cant tell
and what is the bar across the grill done with bedliner or plastidip?

wsmithduramax

<--- Home Made!
May 4, 2009
Windsor, CO
Make sure to use a high build primer on the mirrors so you can sand them smooth before applying base coat. These mirrors really look sharp painted when they're as smooth as silk!

Thanks for the tip. I think I will do that with the new mirrors when I get them :thumb:

the front bumper painted how you have it really makes the two tone paint job look just right! :thumb:

just curious though are both black pieces on the bumper painted? i cant tell
and what is the bar across the grill done with bedliner or plastidip?

They are both painted. Nothing fancy just some krylon fusion paint. And the center piece on the grill is sprayed in line x but I'm looking at getting a new one and having it painted gloss black as well.

Deerwashed

Dec 10, 2010
18, or 20" novakanes?

im diggin them and feel i might buy them, and have someone else wrap them up so i can open them up on christmas day! :woott:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
How "red" is the bottom? Sorta looks maroon in most of the pics but they appear to almost all be in the shade or not in direct sun light. One appears to be in the sun a little bit though and it looks a little more like regular red. So which is it? LOL

The reason I ask is because the 83 in my sig is right between regular red and maroon IMO and I've thought about doing black (most likely a metallic black) from the body line up on it as well. ;)

wsmithduramax

<--- Home Made!
May 4, 2009
Windsor, CO
Thanks everyone for the compliments:thumb::thumb:

18, or 20" novakanes?

im diggin them and feel i might buy them, and have someone else wrap them up so i can open them up on christmas day! :woott:

18" novakanes.

How "red" is the bottom? Sorta looks maroon in most of the pics but they appear to almost all be in the shade or not in direct sun light. One appears to be in the sun a little bit though and it looks a little more like regular red. So which is it? LOL

The reason I ask is because the 83 in my sig is right between regular red and maroon IMO and I've thought about doing black (most likely a metallic black) from the body line up on it as well. ;)

The maroon/red is just the factory color which is I think is call dark toreador/dark carmine red. To me it is a lot more maroon then it is red. And for some reason without the silver stripe to break up the two colors the black makes the maroon "look" darker then normal. But I, pretty happy with the way it. Mae out.:D

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I know exactly the color then. A buddy has an 01 ccsb same color. Even has a cowl hood but his is the 1/2 ton hood bc no ones manufactures the hd style. I prefer it to Porsche/lipstick red personally.

Is your black metallic or just a sold?

It looks killer!

wsmithduramax

<--- Home Made!
May 4, 2009
Windsor, CO
I know exactly the color then. A buddy has an 01 ccsb same color. Even has a cowl hood but his is the 1/2 ton hood bc no ones manufactures the hd style. I prefer it to Porsche/lipstick red personally.

Is your black metallic or just a sold?

It looks killer!

It's just plain old GM gloss black.

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
That is the only thing "just plain old ___" about this truck.

Pictures don't do it justice. Really. This thing looks mean in person. I think the black makes the bottom half look darker too. This is one of the few two tones I do like, and I really like it.

Someday...when I have a truck I don't abuse/use as much, I will be looking into this type of two tone job. I'm just glad there is paint on all of my trucks now. :eek: