New duramax rods iv been working on

Tothemax

xgmtech
Oct 16, 2014
new york
Guy you missed the hole go fund me thing. We all are going to raise money for one of us to buy a set of your rods and see what they can handle in our real life testing.

Last edited:

Kamilmk

Aug 13, 2015
Seymour, CT
I think that's the wrong attitude to come back with, while expecting to spread the word about your new to everyone stuff. Especially on this forum, where there have been a similar situation before, of course everyone is going to be hesitant to believe just claims and promises. You should check your attitude when people are actually trying to attempt to test this shit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Pootrol

Aug 24, 2015
Guy you missed the hole good fund me thing. We all are going to raise my for one of us to buy a set of your rods and see what they can handle in our real life testing.

ok sorry bud look all i wanted to put forward is an alternative for people.

received_1530358383949063_zpsxkviiw8b.jpeg

here are material certs for these rods

Pootrol

Aug 24, 2015
qc is done at multiple machining stages and then final at end of production. they are all withing + - 1g then shipped to us for final inspection laser etching and boxing up

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Attitude is everything, especially when there is not a known face to go with it. With those comments, I take back my $10 I was going to donate :roflmao:

Pootrol

Aug 24, 2015
not a problem if mark is willing to have a play im more then happy to get some on there way

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Quite honestly with the way everybody here has jumped on him and attacked him, I can't blame him for being the way he has. He said he's working on something, and in less than 24 hours he's drug through the gutters, called pooptrol, and labled a con artist(just go back and reread this thread). Look at it from another point of view. Lets say he gives away 4 sets on good faith for testing, his profit margin is say $300(just throwing out a number), he's out 20 sets of rod before he even breaks even. To a big name company this is nothing where there profit margins are probably close to 100%, but to a little guy just starting out, this can be HUGE! If somebody is willing to step up and try them, then good on them. I understand the memory of pink slippers venture is still in peoples minds, but this guy may actually be on the up and up just trying to make a better mouse trap for a reasonable price. I say give him a chance to prove himself BEFORE you tar and feather him. If your not willing to try them, then that's your choice(I don't see anybody forcing anybody to try them), but if somebody is then let them do it.

Quite honestly this whole thread wreaks of the crap I hear from my wife dealing with teenagers all day with clicks, and the in crowd to prove yourself. Guess I just look at things differently since I was never in a click, all of my racing was done dirt poor out of crappy shops WITHOUT big names involved, yet we always managed to turn some heads. And I was never much for being part of the in crowd. Some of the fastest guys out there started out as nobodies just trying to prove themselves to NOBODY BUT THEMSELVES.

Duramax One

Vote for Pedro
Aug 11, 2012
Oroville, CA
ok sorry bud look all i wanted to put forward is an alternative for people.

received_1530358383949063_zpsxkviiw8b.jpeg

here are material certs for these rods

Being a numbers guy, (and given my background in this field) I'm happy to see some documentation appearing. This is a different format than I'm used to seeing in the US steel industry, but most of the information is there. I'm assuming the hardness is Brinell, judging from the range.

As others have pointed out, this is purely a mill certification for the material, and has nothing to do with the peened, machined forging. It also appears to me that the company doing the forgings must not see much volume, as this MTR/MTC is from 2013.

I'm sure it would put many of our minds at ease if you were willing to post some of the documentation backing up the design that went into these rods. Heck, I'd be happy to see Morh's circle and some piston speed-to-hoop stress calculations for the rod ends.

Last edited:

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
Quite honestly with the way everybody here has jumped on him and attacked him, I can't blame him for being the way he has. He said he's working on something, and in less than 24 hours he's drug through the gutters, called pooptrol, and labled a con artist(just go back and reread this thread). Look at it from another point of view. Lets say he gives away 4 sets on good faith for testing, his profit margin is say $300(just throwing out a number), he's out 20 sets of rod before he even breaks even. To a big name company this is nothing where there profit margins are probably close to 100%, but to a little guy just starting out, this can be HUGE! If somebody is willing to step up and try them, then good on them. I understand the memory of pink slippers venture is still in peoples minds, but this guy may actually be on the up and up just trying to make a better mouse trap for a reasonable price. I say give him a chance to prove himself BEFORE you tar and feather him. If your not willing to try them, then that's your choice(I don't see anybody forcing anybody to try them), but if somebody is then let them do it.

Quite honestly this whole thread wreaks of the crap I hear from my wife dealing with teenagers all day with clicks, and the in crowd to prove yourself. Guess I just look at things differently since I was never in a click, all of my racing was done dirt poor out of crappy shops WITHOUT big names involved, yet we always managed to turn some heads. And I was never much for being part of the in crowd. Some of the fastest guys out there started out as nobodies just trying to prove themselves to NOBODY BUT THEMSELVES.

he was being evasive long before anyone started calling him names. he still hasn't answered my questions about the Carillo and Manley rods he has broken. what is the build sheet of the 800hp duramax these rods are running on now? how many miles? have compression and/or piston protrusion been checked since install? any track passes, pulls, dyno runs? what is the engine in (he is in Australia, I honestly don't know if they have 3/4 tons there or if it is a conversion)?

are YOU willing to throw a set of these rods in your built motor and run it to 1000+hp? i get that four sets could be a lot for a small time guy to absorb, hence why I said one set. even then the testing shop will have alot more riding on it than just $1500 in rods. they have machine shop costs, bearings, gaskets, labor. All for what, a free set of rods? what happens when they shatter and take out the entire motor, damage some pistons, eat up the block, heads, and crank, and metal up the oil so it kills the turbo (s). Honestly I think it is a lot to ask as a startup for a shop to put a built motor through the ringer for just a free set of rods, but if a shop is willing then great.

have to think of this as shark tank. he has no previous sales, nothing but anecdotal test data, was, initially, seemingly unwilling to have a set legitimately tested, has provided zero background info, and yet wants people to risk much more than the discounted price of rods so he can get some test data. For that, I'm out.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
put it this way the forging company does forgings for alot of big name companys

Since your trying to make a profit with parts many of us supporting vendors sell parts that hold up in builds. At the bottom of the form click sponsor here to get set up as a supporting vendor of the forum.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Since your trying to make a profit with parts many of us supporting vendors sell parts that hold up in builds. At the bottom of the form click sponsor here to get set up as a supporting vendor of the forum.
You and I both know Henry that at this stage that he isn't likely to get endorsed. The words "Duramax parts and services from TRUSTED vendors" means alot to the owners of the board. As they have said many times they don't need vendors to operate this board. If you yourself took them on and sold them then it's on your rep. Not saying you would, just putting it out there as an example.

If he gets a few sets out and they get put through the ringer by a few people on this board and they turn out to be a stand up product then maybe.

FWIW I hope they are what he says they are. Better pricing on good parts is something needed in the diesel performance world. Even if they are just a better than stock but not suitable for a full on balls out build that's not necessarily a bad thing. Lots of 600-700hp guys that these could help out.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
You and I both know Henry that at this stage that he isn't likely to get endorsed. The words "Duramax parts and services from TRUSTED vendors" means alot to the owners of the board. As they have said many times they don't need vendors to operate this board. If you yourself took them on and sold them then it's on your rep. Not saying you would, just putting it out there as an example.

If he gets a few sets out and they get put through the ringer by a few people on this board and they turn out to be a stand up product then maybe.

FWIW I hope they are what he says they are. Better pricing on good parts is something needed in the diesel performance world. Even if they are just a better than stock but not suitable for a full on balls out build that's not necessarily a bad thing. Lots of 600-700hp guys that these could help out.

Yea we know this but see if he puts the right foot forward.

Since he did not say it was or was not the same company that emailed me with the China rods. I take its the same people same product with a rating lower then he claims.

EDP

<<<< Miss The Ol Girl
so are these made in china?

YES MADE IN CHINA!!!!

I got an email with this same image a few months back from a company called Hurricane rods in china. Our cost on these things was like $475 shipped to the door and at that time they had not been tested per what they told me. They could not supply a certified ISO documents on the metals and materials. In the past I have scene hurricane rods FAIL big time in mustang 5.0 motors.