LMM: New Danville 68MM Stg2R Review

LBZ-DURAMAX

Jared
Feb 12, 2015
NW Ohio
I just got tuned at Danville today and am at 427 hp and 852 tq on stock trans with transgo and she shifts great... Marks a great guy and I averaged 21.5mpg hand calculated on the way home :thumb: I couldn't be happier with the tunes or the turbo!

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I just got tuned at Danville today and am at 427 hp and 852 tq on stock trans with transgo and she shifts great... Marks a great guy and I averaged 21.5mpg hand calculated on the way home :thumb: I couldn't be happier with the tunes or the turbo!
I seriously hate you right now. You get to drive your truck and got it tuned in person. lucky mother fer'

But nice numbers sir

LBZ-DURAMAX

Jared
Feb 12, 2015
NW Ohio
I seriously hate you right now. You get to drive your truck and got it tuned in person. lucky mother fer'

But nice numbers sir

You'll get to use the turbo to its more full potential with a trans :D ... But yes I am lucky I'm as close as I am it was worth the 600 miles round trip to get to meet the crew at danville performance and get a spin on the dyno :)

LBZ-DURAMAX

Jared
Feb 12, 2015
NW Ohio
99d9a9f9a88f598559afa72901fe0aab.jpg

There's my sheet and here's a little video of messing around in the driveway lol

https://vimeo.com/123692088

Oh and one quick pic of the turbo after it was powder coated :D

ffbfeb95c63c8d7849a2d9c063d41b73.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana

Great to meet you today Jared! You have a nice truck and it gets with it!!!

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
LBZ-Duramax Did mark say how much he thought you had left in her with a built tranny setup? :)

LBZ-DURAMAX

Jared
Feb 12, 2015
NW Ohio
650 easily atainable and somewhat safe... He said my pulse width wasn't bad at all and my stock indjectors and pump would be just fine at that level... Another thing we talked about was the Pistons in the lbz and he wasn't worried about them we also talked about egts and timming and everything made good sense he defiantly knows what he's doing! If he's not worried about 600-650 hp I trust him and I won't be either :thumb:

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
I'm seeing on average 620-650hp on stock sticks and pump if without holding great rail pressure on the big tune. My streetrace tune on a stock charger usually makes 445hp and bolting this turbo on is an instant 50hp increase on that same tune. I can't express it enough how much I love this turbo and how it performs on all aspects. It does everything it should and then some with no loose of drivability. I think it might be the best Vgt turbo ever made for a dmax(except LML's cause their software sucks!).

LBZ-DURAMAX

Jared
Feb 12, 2015
NW Ohio
Thanks for telling your side I'd hate to steer anyone wrong! It's hard to express how much I enjoyed myself down there yesterday thanks again Mark :)

Edit here's a video of one of the dyno runs for all who's interested ;)

http://youtu.be/XmLiRgbNH4A

Last edited:

RidinHigh99

Feb 19, 2014
I wonder how the 68 sounds in terms of loudness to a comparable cheetah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POWER Freak

Nov 20, 2008
Idaho
This is my freshly installed stg2R just driving up and down the road around 1/4 - 1/3 throttle on stock charger tuning. It will down at ATP for a retune on Monday and I will try to get some better videos! I also think I might have to get a muffler so the neighbors don't round up a lynch mob :roflmao:

I gave up on trying to embed this video...
https://youtu.be/ZpZYeflNJZ0

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Sweet! George did my trans yesterday, so now I need to find time to install the turbo :)

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
I wonder how much twin turbos would quiet this thing down. Or an aftermarket muffler. I'm sorry but I wouldn't run one of these without some way of quieting it down. That whistle is obnoxious and annoying.

It appears to work well, and I would love to try one but no way would I put up with that amount of noise.