New box for subs

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
Well i just back from Sound Choice, they rebulilt my box for my two kicker 10's. They did a awesome job on the box. It was a complete custom deal, the port extends out right under the middle backseat to make room for more air. It sounds twice as good even though im gonna have to go back and get some other shit re done that the previous place i went to did a shitty job on. Im a little pissed at the previous place i went, they charged me way too much for cutting way too many corners. If you are near Sam Angelo and want some stereo equipment go talk to Gus at Sound choice. He has treated me right and gave me the best deal ever on this box. It took 3 days of work amidst lots of other work they had to do to get this box done and it was a pain in the ass to build and Gus just said ill keep your old box and pay for labor and we will call it even. He is gonnna fix the shortcuts that the previous place made for cheap. Ill take some pics in a little bit but i thought id post this up for anyone near Sound Choice.

Last edited:

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
lol i get some pics for yall tomorow. Its a pretty cool box, they had to take out the sea to put it in because the port goes from the behind the seat where the box is under the the middle back seat.

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
where are your amps mounted & how many :D Instead of pics, I need to see this in person, i'm always looking to better the sound quality of mine.

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
where are your amps mounted & how many :D Instead of pics, I need to see this in person, i'm always looking to better the sound quality of mine.

Just one amp. Its a kicker 750.1

Anytime you wanna listen call me up, im usually just hanging out or cruisin around lookin for ricers :D

I wanna hear what your system sounds like to compare to mine. This box made a world of difference, when i take it back to get re wired it should sound even better

LarryJewell

Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
I have a kicker 350.2 going to the subs, a 150.2 going to the 6 front door speakers (3 in each door)and a fosgate 300.1S for the 2 back door speakers. I also just put a Pioneer Touchscreen headunit in a few weeks ago.

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
I have a kicker 350.2 going to the subs, a 150.2 going to the 6 front door speakers (3 in each door)and a fosgate 300.1S for the 2 back door speakers. I also just put a Pioneer Touchscreen headunit in a few weeks ago.

Damnnn, i dont have any of the speakers done, the subs alone cost enough for me. I do have a pioneer d3 nav in though.

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
Hah i have xm but i havent bothered setting it up yet. I like both xm and sirius but xm is a little better. Who did all the stereo work on your truck

LarryJewell

Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
I did all the speakers myself, Josh over at Best Buy did the headunit, the amps were done a Next Wave.

What are you running for subs now, I just switched out to Rockford P2's, I upgraded from P1's but am not really that impressed. Now looking for something else, or maybe just need more power for the P2's, not really sure yet. A new box might make everything sound better.

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
Im running the kicker shallow mount 10's. They are plenty loud for me. Who made your box? Because as i have figured out it makes a big difference.

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
Daniel at Next Wave, about 7 years ago, this box has been in 3 different trucks :D

Hah Daniel did my setup before this and i like him but not too happy with his work to be honest. The box that sound choice built is 10 times better. If you wanna take a look at it text me because ill be out most of the day doin stuff

wikdlmm

<-- OWFA
Jun 27, 2008
san angelo
larry if you wana hear a real seat shaker come sit in my truck. an james did you want that tip. or if you dont larry do you?

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
larry if you wana hear a real seat shaker come sit in my truck. an james did you want that tip. or if you dont larry do you?

Haha your solobaric sounds good but my two 10's are pretty damn loud now.

Ill defintely take the tip though.

Im thinkin on dumpin it over the axle since i already cut some of the pipe but im not sure.

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
Ya i think so too. No more smoke stain on my fender though lol

But ya i wil probably dump it over the axle since i dont see anyone doin that.