LBZ: Needs Some help Looking at Used Trucks

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Congrats on finding one, Brick! Add an LBZ mouthpiece and clean the stack (I/C, rad, A/C)

Dmaxes hold their value, even as they get lots older.

I have noticed that!!! I didn't take long to Plug my EFI Live into it...
I only corrected for tire size right now so the speedo would be correct. I already have a DSP5 switch on order.

I was planing on those pieces in the future :thumb: Looking around to see whats out there.

glad you found the right truck! Sell the KN and grab yourself and SB or something else. Nothing really wrong with the KN and its already installed so it's a nice extra, but depending on what filter is installed it may not be the best thing to keep on.

Standard K&N from what I can tell but it has the Pre screen thing on it.

I am not a Fan of the K&N but it hey, it was on there... I would like to get something better. I haven't looked that far into who offers what. I have Airaid for my gas truck.

Silly me, I forgot it also already has a Mag Hy-tech Trans pan and Differential cover. :thumb:

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Great on the cover and pan! Those two items likely mean that the previous owner was up on his service intervals, else why waste time/money on the new pans?

SB is pretty much the go-to as long as you are keeping a stock intake track. If you're gonna move stuff around down the road, might as well keep it

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Great on the cover and pan! Those two items likely mean that the previous owner was up on his service intervals, else why waste time/money on the new pans?

SB is pretty much the go-to as long as you are keeping a stock intake track. If you're gonna move stuff around down the road, might as well keep it

Carfax showed he had it dealer serviced. Also had the cluster recall done through there too.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Anyone know what's going on with this filler neck? I have seen another 05 LLY that had the same exact thing but my co-workers does not.

Attachments

• 20170106_142652_resized.jpg
    20170106_142652_resized.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 18

Tothemax

xgmtech
Oct 16, 2014
new york
Anyone know what's going on with this filler neck? I have seen another 05 LLY that had the same exact thing but my co-workers does not.

maybe it had a lift pump on it? that's where my air dog returns fuel. or maybe some took a short cut taking the tank down.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
maybe it had a lift pump on it? that's where my air dog returns fuel. or maybe some took a short cut taking the tank down.

IMO that's worse than doing it right. It's easier to take the clamp off at the tank... At least on the gassers I have worked on.

Maybe I should order a new one then?

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
I agree. do you plan on running a lift pump?

Diesel is all new to me so I am still researching what I want to do. I usually stay mostly stock for reliability on my gas truck's for DD duties.

I will probably remove the K&N for something else, add the LBZ mouth Piece, and upgrade the intercooler and the Radiator.

I want to be able to tow and have a reliable truck.