Need Help getting ready for Sled Pulls

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Do you have any pictures of this? After reading through some of our rules looks like I will go into a higher class because I have twins. Plus it states

Where did you get these rules from?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Thanks. I wish my local puller assoc. would lay their rules out like this. They have way too much leeway and vagueness in their current rules. It's pretty dumb. They have weight limits but no scales, inducer limits but no calipers or bushings to measure nor will they, no bushing rules stated.

I like the one I highlighted in red. SO if you run a dpf and crank it up but don't smoke your good to go? But it's up to your discretion so if you are stock and have a really good hook, they might still bump you. Plus the neckbrace crap is the gayest thing I have ever heard for any class but modyfied. How fast is a stock 7.3 going to go-really.......

Diesel Trucks
Street Stock (Stock Class)
Must have valid insurance and registration
Must have DOT approved highway use tires
8000lbs weight limit
No hanging weights
Air kits allowed
Exhaust mods allowed
No fueling upgrades permitted
Must maintain 1.5” visible suspension travel - (air bags with onboard compressor must be disconnected)
Hitch must be mounted in factory location
If vehicle smokes it’s bumped a class

Street Modified (Modified Class)
8500lbs weight limit
2.6” inducer limit
Hanging weights allowed ahead of front bumper only ; not exceeding 60” ahead of center line of the front axle
Air kits allowed
Exhaust cross bolts
Drive loop’s mandatory with 3 pulls
Fueling upgrades allowed
Air to air intercooler only
Water only injection systems allowed, approved system with jug to be filled in front of tech
Must maintain 1.5” visible suspension travel - (Air bags with onboard compressor must be disconnected)

Unlimited (Super Modified Class)
Purpose built vehicles allowed
Specialty tires allowed
9000lbs weight limit
Unlimited inducer
Break away/air shut offs mandatory, must be pre-turbo
Exhaust cross bolts mandatory on all exhaust systems, minimum ½” diameter
Hitch as per NTPA (same as modified 4x4)
Drive line loops mandatory no 3 pull grace
Fire jackets mandatory no 3 pull grace
Water meth allowed, no propane or natural gas
Minimum 40” from center line of rear axle to center hitch

Street Work
8500 lbs weight limit
2.4” inducer limit
Hanging weights allowed ahead of front bumper only not exceeding 60” ahead of center line of the front axle
Air kits allowed
Exhaust mods allowed
Fueling upgrades allowed
Air to air intercooler only
Must maintain 1.5” visible suspension travel - (Air bags with onboard compressor must be disconnected)

General Rules Applies to all Classes
All competitors must arrive a least 2 hours before event start time.
Visual ID license
All competitors will display a positive and professional attitude towards event staff, volunteers, fans, and fellow competitors. Anyone who displays disorderly conduct will be given a verbal warning on the first incident and upon a second occurrence will be banned for the season.
Any competitor caught cheating will be given a verbal warning and be disqualified from that event. Upon a second occurrence the competitor will be banned for the season.
The use of drugs and alcohol is prohibited while an event is in progress.

All Drivers Must Have the Following
Approved helmet
Approved neck brace
Functional seat belt to be worn at all times while competing
Full clothing (ie. Long sleeved shirt, pants, and closed footwear)
Hitch that meets specs listed below
Competitors competing in THREE or more events must have a fire jacket
All Vehicles Must Meet the Following
A vehicle competing in THREE or more events must have drive line loops (one loop for every joint in drive line)
All vehicles with upward exiting exhaust must have cross bolts min. 7/16 or exhaust screens
Max hitch height is 26” to center of hooking point, be solid shank and have a 3” opening for sled hook
Fax 38” tire diameter
Truck boxes must be free of loose objects anything in the box must be fastened to the frame of the vehicle. Slip tanks and tool boxed must be level with or below the box line. Slip tanks must be empty.
If ANY object becomes loose or thrown from a vehicle you are disqualified
Once a vehicle is inspected it may not leave the staging area

Last edited: