Need a rebuild in ohio!

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
And for about 500 more dollars, you could have had a nice unit from a real builder.

Sucks man. But least you came foward to tell about it. Hopefully save someone else.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Yeah man sorry. Bad deal for sure. Could have been billet everything.

Live and learn I guess but it still doesn't make it hurt less.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
That's a bad deal. I think there are a lot more story's like yours but it seems most won't come forward. That sucks because guys like you get taken for your hard earned money. I thank you for coming forward and if others would it might put a stop to his crap.
Yea no problem man. Ya know I used to think to myself, "if I ever saw him I'd whip the shit outta him" then I remembered that it would solve nothing and cause more of a headache. So I moved on and when people ask me my opinion I pm them and tell them my story, from that point I tell them when it comes down to it it's their money and they can do what they want

PowerFlowDragSucks

Feb 5, 2015
Well we will see how long this takes me to get banned but here goes nothing !!

Let's start with the truth about the 4500 dollar trans shall we. When I was with custom auto I built this kids trans, he did have a warranty, as all my customers do !! His trans was a referral from 2 of his buddies that have had flawless issues dating back before his, they currently still have no issues !

We at the time we're using a converter shop in Idaho called itw, Per custom autos request due to cost, I had no say in the matter. They had a bad run of converts his was one of them ! He did call shortly after the truck threw a p0741and made me aware of the situation ! He Said He Would Bring The Truck Back When He Had A Couple Days To Break from work! I asked him how it was driving and if he thought it was OK to drive based off its condition at the time !

I then said to go ahead and keep driving it, I'll go through it when it comes back just in case there are any issues ! He said OK I'll be in touch ! We had scheduled him in a couple times, only to have him cancel due to work, this carried on for 6 months not being able to hook up, I needed the truck during the week, he never had time, and I was gone a lot on the weekends ! Indeed the truck was being driven ever day, pulling trailers ect... As he has stated in the past . After the split with custom auto and myself, this same story was brought to lite late 2013 once before.

Many of you actually commented on this very same story once before and had wondered why his story changed so fast from hating
Me to defending me ! Maybe someone has that post saved or remember !

The reason that story changed was due to a conversation we had after I started no zone diesel . I told him as I made it public I would honor all warranties from custom auto and I wanted to help !! I told him to send me the converter and I would get itw to warranty it! He told me he didn't want another itw I said OK I'll see what they will do for us but I needed the converter to do so! Once again we played on his time frame, I offered on my first tour back east to stop and go through the trans, he's absolutely lying about his experience, as well as already back peddled once on this very forum !! He decided to get a 1058 and go through the trans him self telling me what I did wrong "hence the ball in the valve ! Our communications were over at that point as it was not even me that collected the money off that job and I still tried to help !! I'm sorry we couldn't get on the same page, but I'm not gonna sit here and listen to your bill shit or anyone else's on this forum !!! Jeff Dean you rock buddy :)

PowerFlowDragSucks

Feb 5, 2015
Wow that was an impressive response Jeff !!! Almost as impressive as the "**** you punk" response I got a couple weeks ago from you ! Carry on tho

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Guess it's always gonna be a he said he said story. Regardless it is a situation that has since been resolved and the truck is doing fine. I'll worry about more important things

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Guess it's always gonna be a he said he said story. Regardless it is a situation that has since been resolved and the truck is doing fine. I'll worry about more important things

So after the F--kup you built your own trans and it worked. Imagine that.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
With pointers here and there from you, Andrew and Dallas and a lot of help from other members and research it does what I ask her to and that's what counts. I'm definitely looking forward to the arrival of your springs

PowerFlowDragSucks

Feb 5, 2015

Mike I was not aware that a bad tc was my fault?? How many precisions have you sold that failed?? How many piles and piles of warranty converters with leaking welds ??? You sit back and act innocent !! We offered to fix the issue! You know dam well where removing the check ball originated from!! Further more you grumpy old goat, don't sit behind the scenes "god of all Allison" and act like you've never built a Trans that didn't work, or have had a bad run of converters multiple times!

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Mike I was not aware that a bad tc was my fault?? How many precisions have you sold that failed?? How many piles and piles of warranty converters with leaking welds ??? You sit back and act innocent !! We offered to fix the issue! You know dam well where removing the check ball originated from!! Further more you grumpy old goat, don't sit behind the scenes "god of all Allison" and act like you've never built a Trans that didn't work, or have had a bad run of converters multiple times!

So this now becomes my fault? See what happens when you read some of my posts and then become an expert over night.

PowerFlowDragSucks

Feb 5, 2015
So this now becomes my fault? See what happens when you read some of my posts and then become an expert over night.

Mike we were great friends at one point !! I looked up to you more than anyone in this industry !!! You always had my back through thick and thin !! I pushed the Allison as hard as I did cause you believed in me !! You helped me along the way, was always there when I needed help !! You Sponsored me when I was a nobody !!! Nothing is your fault anymore than is mine !! Good night !!

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
In other news i have my trans sitting snuggled up in a tiny storage unit while im down here in mcdonough georgia for conductor training. Still trying to set something up with suncoast to get me the right converter. They really dont seem like they are eager to help but i do understand everyone is busy. And mike ill be interested in throwing the trim springs in this trans too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
In other news i have my trans sitting snuggled up in a tiny storage unit while im down here in mcdonough georgia for conductor training. Still trying to set something up with suncoast to get me the right converter. They really dont seem like they are eager to help but i do understand everyone is busy. And mike ill be interested in throwing the trim springs in this trans too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you mean eager to help? You asked about coming on the weekend, i can't call my converter shop in on a saturday to cut open a converter and restall. I gave you options but i guess they weren't good enough for your liking?