Need a rebuild in ohio!

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
Dmitri Millard is the only way to go. Can't even explain how much better his are compared to longhornfabshops. Dmitri knows his stuff and it will be built the same day. 4900$ if your dropping it. Takes him 5 hours if that and he will come to your house. Hell of a guy and trans.;)

Your kidding, right!:roflmao:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
What happened to all the drama? It was just getting good.....:woott:

Dmitri Millard is the only way to go. Can't even explain how much better his are compared to longhornfabshops. Dmitri knows his stuff and it will be built the same day. 4900$ if your dropping it. Takes him 5 hours if that and he will come to your house. Hell of a guy and trans.;)

There it is!

doug9940

Ca LLY
Dec 6, 2009
Corona, Ca.
What happened to all the drama? It was just getting good.....:woott:

....and just like that....the drama returns. :popcorn:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I don't understand why there are so Dramitri nutswingers. Does nobody remember his past dealings?

Personally I try to distance myself from people that have as much drama as he does following them around. Nothing good can come out of it.

Does he build a good Allison trans? He might. He certainly has enough practice. But I don't think he is any more than just another average builder. Other than he makes house calls. However this practice I believe would make for a higher chance of premature failure due to contamination as building a trans in someones driveway doesn't seem like the cleanest place to do it to me.
But I'm just speculating at that based on powershift transmissions and final drives I've had to build/repair in the field myself......

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Tranny

Funny thing is he sells to the young 500hp crowd that cant hurt any built tranny and they think he's a god. It's really funny that he has his out all the time "checking" it out. lmao He's a cheat and it will catch up. He messaged me a couple weeks ago because I said he was a con on fagbook. He's a real tough guy on the internet. Not so much in person.

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
I dont know much about the guy, I dont get on the facebook but once in a bluemoon on my ole ladys facepage. We went to Antrim Diesel Days and I was told that the dually parked next to mine in the hotel parking lot with 5 or so Alli's on the back was his. But how would I know! :confused:

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
Yea, It was black and a dually, maybe had rockstars on it but i cant remember. It may have been a GMC

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Funny thing is he sells to the young 500hp crowd that cant hurt any built tranny and they think he's a god. It's really funny that he has his out all the time "checking" it out. lmao He's a cheat and it will catch up. He messaged me a couple weeks ago because I said he was a con on fagbook. He's a real tough guy on the internet. Not so much in person.

Exactly, no way he is going to warranty the work/parts if someone decides to build a motor and really push it. If he buys clutches in bulk ( I would ASSume you can), and has dealer discounts, he's probably got under $2200 in all those builds.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
I don't get it really. My Suncoast unit was very competitively priced. I'm not gonna skimp on build quality over a couple hundred bucks. I've bought several units from SC and have been pleased with all of them. Maybe they gave me a deal cause of that, but I doubt it.

I use SC as an example cause I'm close to them. If I lived on the west coast I'd be using Mike, or up north east coast I'd use Evan:hug: (Mike says you're good:D)

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
I don't get it really. My Suncoast unit was very competitively priced. I'm not gonna skimp on build quality over a couple hundred bucks. I've bought several units from SC and have been pleased with all of them. Maybe they gave me a deal cause of that, but I doubt it.

I use SC as an example cause I'm close to them. If I lived on the west coast I'd be using Mike, or up north east coast I'd use Evan:hug: (Mike says you're good:D)

Thanks buddy ;) :D

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Exactly, no way he is going to warranty the work/parts if someone decides to build a motor and really push it. If he buys clutches in bulk ( I would ASSume you can), and has dealer discounts, he's probably got under $2200 in all those builds.
He doesn't warranty. That's a line he uses to lure you in, ask me how I know. I've got anywhere between 8-8.5k into mine and it's just got clutches and hydraulic upgrades and a converter...wouldn't call it built but it holds more than stock lol

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
He doesn't warranty. That's a line he uses to lure you in, ask me how I know. I've got anywhere between 8-8.5k into mine and it's just got clutches and hydraulic upgrades and a converter...wouldn't call it built but it holds more than stock lol

Dollars?!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Yes dollars. I paid 4500 to have it "built" then when they started it up at CA it threw a code...can't even remember it anymore but it's for converter not locking. He says to carry on its fine. Well wtf do I know at the time....absolutely nothing which was my fault. Anyways fast forward 7 months to December 1 2013 and I put a 11k lb trailer behind a 9800 lb truck with no converter lockup and bam super high temps and it went into limp mode. So call him and he says yep I'll come down n fix u up. Never does.

Long story short I didn't get the converter I paid for and he forgot a part in the converter flow valve inside the pump. It had the transgo without the ball and it was the same spring so it ended up being .375 short and wouldn't achieve lockup. So when it was all said and done and I went back through it all I added a new 1058, some new c3s and some other stuff. So I'm right over 8k....it's one of those shitty lessons learned the hard way

But I will say this. I do more damn research on things than I care to, all in an effort to make sure I make the best purchase I possibly can.

OK boom end lol

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Sorry to hear that

That's a bad deal. I think there are a lot more story's like yours but it seems most won't come forward. That sucks because guys like you get taken for your hard earned money. I thank you for coming forward and if others would it might put a stop to his crap.