Help: N York to Ont canada border crossing

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
Just legit proof. That's all. They could be biatchs at customs
Just looking out for ya bro.

Thanks for the heads up,never tried to do this before.My wife sais she watches the border patrol show and said there gona be sneakey about it.Hope they don't know what the parts are really worth:angel:

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
Your best bet is to get I touch with a logistics company. I have a few if you need one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andy-stevenson

Jul 7, 2013
Inform yourself before you purchase that "used"motor as they will ask you all kinds of questions. Check serial #'s and make sure you have an invoice with it. Scrap yard invoice. Just some legit proof. And your good to go.

Could this not be a problem for the person bringing it across the border? If it's not actually sold to the, but Keith could it not cause issues?

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
Called Canadian border today and was told if it was made in north amarica and has a bill of sale there will be no prob.I payed $500.00 for the motor:Dthen the duty would be $78.xx and nothing else is needed.my neighbor said he will do it for me,so as long as it gets to the shipping depo at the border all he has to do is cross,pick up and head home.fingers crossed.

SilveradoTwins02

Hopefully twins soon
Aug 5, 2014
Hanover PA
Called Canadian border today and was told if it was made in north amarica and has a bill of sale there will be no prob.I payed $500.00 for the motor:Dthen the duty would be $78.xx and nothing else is needed.my neighbor said he will do it for me,so as long as it gets to the shipping depo at the border all he has to do is cross,pick up and head home.fingers crossed.

Good deal. Hope it works out!!

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
If I was wasn't so damn busy at work right now I'd definitely do it. It's like 6 hours but I keep promising people I'll visit them. Sorry man, hope it works out.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
If I was wasn't so damn busy at work right now I'd definitely do it. It's like 6 hours but I keep promising people I'll visit them. Sorry man, hope it works out.

No worries man,hope it works out to.Never thought getting it home could be harder than paying for it.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
You can make a run for it haha. You only need a passport one way. What if you called the office and asked them if you both met right at the border, could you then just hand it over? I've dealt with some nice guys at the boarder.

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
You can make a run for it haha. You only need a passport one way. What if you called the office and asked them if you both met right at the border, could you then just hand it over? I've dealt with some nice guys at the boarder.

I have thought about that too but my luck id get some hard ass.I called today and without a passport it cant happen.I can have it handled by a broker but there fees are insane.$80.00 is all it will cost me for duty to have it brought over by someone.What is on the other side of niagra falls Canada?I know buffalo but as far as shipping depos that are close.that is where we will have to ship it from conneticut to.

andy-stevenson

Jul 7, 2013
:woott:bring it!What are your plans with your truck?If you change your mind I have lots of build parts ready for ya.:hug:

I dunno yet. I might keep the truck and build it in a year or two, slowly collecting parts. Or sell it and buy a cleaner truck from down south somewhere and build it. The truck's just too much fun to get rid of it, always puts a big smile on my face.