LBZ: My turn has come...

Chad006

Drag racer wannabe
Feb 12, 2015
Goodlow, B.C.
Definitely cast especially up north here with our winter temps. Highly recommended ovals and I see no need for reliefs unless you go with a fairly aggressive cam.

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
Prince George, BC, Canada
That was what I thought. Injector shop is guessing my injectors would fail at 400k, $580ea for stock remans. Who makes a quality performance injector? Apparently exergy had some issues or something? Was news to me.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
If I go with another stock motor I will be in the same predicament I am now. I am debating slapping a low mile motor in with no core charge just to keep making money and then building the motor I have now as I get parts. A buddy has a shop I can use and he is willing to help with install.

I went and talked to a performance shop today, and there recommending forged. I might be better off with cast though. My trucks basically going to live in the 450-500hp range for daily driving, the only time it will be turned up is at the track or playing at lights with cumaparts and powerjokes.

I need to research more on pistons. I don't understand delipping or valve reliefs and what impact lower cylinder compression will have on things. The more I look and research, the more confused I'm getting.

yes, you have much to learn. do not go forged unless you get a steel ring land piston. a set of fingers cast pistons would be ideal IMHO

That was what I thought. Injector shop is guessing my injectors would fail at 400k, $580ea for stock remans. Who makes a quality performance injector? Apparently exergy had some issues or something? Was news to me.

S&S or LDS would be my suggestion

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
Prince George, BC, Canada
Looking at lds and s&s. I know how exchange rates work, but does any Canadian know how duties and taxes work when stuff hits the border? That or I'm going to need to find some friendly folks on both sides of the border to avoid the extras...

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
It's a crapshoot when it comes to duty. Taxes are straightforward - pay the rate as what you would pay in your home province.

What screws you the worst is brokerage. If you're close enough to the border sometimes it's better to just drop ship and then go and bring it back yourself.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk