My RockCrawler

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
So the wife and I are looking at going to Calgary this long weekend to see some friends; with that being said I'd like to bring the rockcrawler to hit up some trails. I did some looking today but was unable to find some; I found a few that you had to be part of a club which is difficult being I don't know may people up here.
Anybody aware of one's I could run?

Thanks in advance. :thumb:

Yellowchevy

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Being the pickup is back together, for the moment:roflmao:, I figured it was time to test the rock crawler out for the first time.

I've got a few little bugs to work out, tighten the leaf springs, check the coolant level(got a little hot on me :mad:), tighten the shifter levers, get the driver side drive flange to engage, etc. Besides all of that I'm pretty happy with how it did; especially since the front axle wasn't engaging.

I'll get all those things fixed tomorrow and take it out for another test drive.

Yellowchevy

Attachments

• Crawler 1.jpg
    Crawler 1.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 36
  • Crawler 2.jpg
    Crawler 2.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 37

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Years have passed and last weekend I finally got to take the crawler on the trail for the first time.
We had a lot of fun but I ended up braking both rear leaf springs, rear transfer case tail shaft, and it started on fire!!! Gave it a little too much gas trying to climb a rock face that caused some good bouncing.

Just getting the bugs worked out still, haha.

Yellowchevy
5f2da6289be943517910c41764954565.jpg

9c190aa5cebac3e77b13124406a6c64c.jpg

d2df75b21e00b135fa2a91facdf8c566.jpg

ae199fb4fedbf44599cbeaff82d07a68.jpg

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Who's short bed!?!?

Its my buddies pickup that he put an LS motor in it. Dana 60 up front, 14 bolt in the rear, & a NP 205 on 37" tires. It did really good. One of other friends went with to and he has a 83 bronco that just had a 3" body lift and 31" tires, it went every where we did, haha.

Looks like you had a good time. I find myself playing more on the rocks and having fun doing it.

It was a lot of fun, I wished mine didn't brake though, haha.

Yellowchevy

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Went to a place around here called the badlands last weekend it was a blast. Cant upload the videos. Cousin has a Teryx that climbs stuff a lot of jeeps there cant. The place is huge. They just added a rock quarry a few months back its pretty BA. I rode the 88 big bore crf50.

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Eh a set of leafs and new shafts ain't bad. Nothin like blowin up the tow rig lol.

No, not nearly as bad as a blown duramax, haha. Still, not what I was looking to do!!
Just to get it back up and running I'm going to get some junk yard leaf springs, replace the broken mains on mine with the junk yard mains, install a new stock output shaft in the transfer case, build a traction bar, install some bump stops, & limiting straps.

Once thats all done I'm hoping I wan't have this problem again. My SB 350 doesn't have much hp over a bone stock one so hopefully it won't break again. It kills me to not install an upgraded 32 spline output shaft but the money isn't there.

b16gsr said:
Now that is too cool Russell, I am sure it will be back better than ever in no time.

Thanks Nick, I'm working on sourcing parts now in my spare time, not much!! haha

Yellowchevy