My RockCrawler

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Here's a picture of my old '73 CJ5 I was building. I never finished it because I got tired of working on it and parted it out. I wish I had finished it and took it out. I think it would have worked pretty well. Here are some quick specs:

AMC 401 running on propane
TH400 with manual valve body
Dana 300 t-case with twin stick shifters
Dana 60 front
Dana 70 rear (never got around to regearing or installing lockers in either axle)
HMMWV double beadlock wheels
39.5" Swampers
107" wheelbase
Was working on boat siding the tub when I quit working on it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Picture 012 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 012 (Medium).jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 205

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Well it's not shot's of the trail but still looks good.

The Hot Rod Shop that finished it for me asked if I wanted to put it in the car show this weekend a few months back being it's still nice and new I figured it was a perfect time.

Here are a few pictures of the display that my parents put together with cardboard and wood. It's kind of cluttered but I think it turned out really good.
Hope you guys enjoy.
I'm almost 6ft for reference of how tall it is.

Yellowchevy

The Lego stuff is awesome! Your parents did a great job on it. :thumb:

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
The Lego's did turn out great. I also think the green tool box is awesome. My mom even made some wrenches out of cardboard to throw in there, haha:D

The CJ5 would have been a nice setup. I'm sure you could always find another one if you really wanted to. You could also find one that already had a bunch of stuff done to it, I've seen some good deals online.

I had a CJ7 before I build this chassis that I should have just keep and played with, much cheaper and I could have used it much sooner,:(

My mom and dad had blasting building everything. I would have liked to have helped but being my wife and I are in Canada we couldn't exactly do anything.

Yellowchevy

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
I forgot to up what became of the car show. :(
Ended up winning best individual display, I couldn't believe. :spit:
I had to fly back to Canada:mad:so my parents were there to load and clean up the display, they were shocked as well. I wasn't able to received the trophy but mom stepped in, haha :hug:

Due to family reasons my wife and I had to drive from North Battleford, SK to Kansas city, KS 2 weeks ago. We ended up driving because plain tickets were going to be $1200 a piece :spit::mad:.
I wanted to haul the rockcrawler back and I also bought a lathe and end mill down in Missouri so I needed to haul that to ND.
So on the way back from Kansas city we stopped at my parents place to drop off the lathe and end mill along with getting the rockcrawler. I tried to get my transmission build while I was in Kansas City but due to time constraints/short notice I wasn't able too :(, it would have been really nice but it will get done another time :).
I slipped the transmission on the way back so I REALLY wished it was built, haha :mad:

So as of now it sits in the back yard under a tarp waiting for me to do some small things before I take it out. :woott:
I also have to put a gate in the fence so I don't have to take it apart every time I want to take the rockcrawler out, haha :D

Enough talking, on with the pictures. :thumb:

Yellowchevy

Attachments

• Rockcrawler trophy.jpg
    Rockcrawler trophy.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Rockcrawler Loaded 2.jpg
    Rockcrawler Loaded 2.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 55
  • RockCrawler Loaded 1.jpg
    RockCrawler Loaded 1.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Rockcrawler Loaded 3.jpg
    Rockcrawler Loaded 3.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 51
  • Fence Removal.jpg
    Fence Removal.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 52

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Here's a few more.

Yellowchevy

Attachments

• Rockcrawler Unload in Canada 1.jpg
    Rockcrawler Unload in Canada 1.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 40
  • Rockcrawler Unload in Canada 2.jpg
    Rockcrawler Unload in Canada 2.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 51
  • Rockcrawler Off loaded in Canada.jpg
    Rockcrawler Off loaded in Canada.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Rockcrawler Covered in Canada.jpg
    Rockcrawler Covered in Canada.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Trailer Storage in Canada.jpg
    Trailer Storage in Canada.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 38

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
haha, yeah the ramps weren't that necessary ;)
Last Monday was holiday up here and the trailer didn't have ramps so I made some that day before I unloaded it :rofl:

I wanted to haul the canoe back but obviously we couldn't fit it any place else so my dad and I strapped it to the top, worked out great. Didn't move at all.

I'm glad you guys are amused at my expense :thumb:

Yellowchevy

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Get that thing on some rocks already. =]

Haha it's difficult when you work 6am to 6:30pm - 7pm during the week then on the weekends I'm having to fix the fence of the rental place by putting a swing gate in it, haha. Plus I've got to do some work to the trailer so it handles the crawler better.
There's also the fact that the drive shafts are barely bolted on, I need to put the correct bolts in them, haha.

I'll get it out one of these days. :dontknow:

Yellowchevy

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I forgot to up what became of the car show. :(
Ended up winning best individual display, I couldn't believe. :spit:
I had to fly back to Canada:mad:so my parents were there to load and clean up the display, they were shocked as well. I wasn't able to received the trophy but mom stepped in, haha :hug:

Due to family reasons my wife and I had to drive from North Battleford, SK to Kansas city, KS 2 weeks ago. We ended up driving because plain tickets were going to be $1200 a piece :spit::mad:.
I wanted to haul the rockcrawler back and I also bought a lathe and end mill down in Missouri so I needed to haul that to ND.
So on the way back from Kansas city we stopped at my parents place to drop off the lathe and end mill along with getting the rockcrawler. I tried to get my transmission build while I was in Kansas City but due to time constraints/short notice I wasn't able too :(, it would have been really nice but it will get done another time :).
I slipped the transmission on the way back so I REALLY wished it was built, haha :mad:

So as of now it sits in the back yard under a tarp waiting for me to do some small things before I take it out. :woott:
I also have to put a gate in the fence so I don't have to take it apart every time I want to take the rockcrawler out, haha :D

Enough talking, on with the pictures. :thumb:

Yellowchevy
Congrats on taking 1sst place

Good thing you had the ramps to get it off the trailer :D
Thats what i was going to say :rofl: