My new LB7!!!

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
I made a quick hillbilly bracket for the old trans cooler and it looked good behind the grille, mounted it in the top driver side corner of the cooling stack. I wish I had a pic of it because you couldn't see anything but the cooler so you really don't have to fab up some top notch set up unless you get an NBS with the larger grille.

AJH

Sep 7, 2015
Memphis TN
I can't own a truck without bumpers, it's a must with my lack of paying attn and where I live. Stock bumpers are clean but look like shit when there's a deer or random object hanging out of them.

Power steering flush will help for a bit. I have to run a large cooler to save pumps.

I had a 6x10 cooler on the LLY after eating 5 pumps and the last one made it almost 100k when I flooded the truck.

I have a factory GM gasser cooler on the LMM and it doesn't help at all. Working on pump number 3 at 78k miles.

Wish I could spring for a bumper but for now I'm just waiting for a deer. What do you do to pumps to kill them so quick?

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
Heat. I towed my camper a lot with the LLY, this truck, its just heat.

The 35's have a lot to do with it and I don't cut the wheel stopped or max it out either. So I'm convinced larger tires and hilly terrain cause the extra heat and kill them.

I flush it every 8-10k, always have.

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
Get a boost valve, change fuel filters often , put a oil tap at the low part of oil pan. Mines on 336k and counting and pulling good on second set of injectors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
Does anyone that owns an LB7 have any prob with there power steering and brake booster? I did a search n seems like everyone had a lot of different opinions about what was causing it to whine n b extremely hard to turn at low speeds esp pulling a trailer.. I seen several said it was prob air in the system but I don't think that's the case on this truck.. It seems to do it worse when the truck has been drove 30 min or more.. Anybody got sum good info or tips to help me? The fluid is full in both. When u press the brakes to the floor the start growling like the ABS is kicking in but never had any prob stopping and it will only do it if I press them to the floor..

I replaced mine one time when it locked up on i20

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I'd bet your power steering pump is about to go. They loose braking and steering power thousands of miles before it actually gives up and either starts eating belts or just plain old locks up. Mine would actually loose all power assist every once in a while before I figured it out.:eek:

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
I'd bet your power steering pump is about to go. They loose braking and steering power thousands of miles before it actually gives up and either starts eating belts or just plain old locks up. Mine would actually loose all power assist every once in a while before I figured it out.:eek:

Ok thanks. I've got a spare pump off another motor so I can change them out if I need to just wasn't sure how to tell if it was actually the pump without goin to the trouble of swapping them..

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
It's going, mines doing it again. I have a spare in the garage, I had a feeling when I did the GM cooler it wasn't gonna be enough and I was right. I'm doing a larger cooler, junkyard steering box (mines leaking) and another pump next days off.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
If you've got another good pump, replacing it would probably be a good idea. Only going to cost you time.

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
How did you do the tap on the lower part of your pan?

Its ghetto as hell but it worked to get the last little bit out until i bought a banana pan. Put a npt thread oil plug from a very small engine in the very bottom or put a drain valve type rig up. ( only used it for 2 oil changes and if you do it carefully enough after you already drained your oil it wont be a big deal) some will trash me for this but i didn't like black oil 10 minutes after my oil change

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
It's going, mines doing it again. I have a spare in the garage, I had a feeling when I did the GM cooler it wasn't gonna be enough and I was right. I'm doing a larger cooler, junkyard steering box (mines leaking) and another pump next days off.

Prob wright n I'm gona look into larger cooler.

gmasko

Jun 14, 2014
Sacramento
Not to hijack thread but I have a few questions myself. Answers could help OP too. Swapped my p/s pump for a reman Napa pump about 15k ago and it whined from first startup. Turning 35's with the 100+ degree heat wave hasn't helped and it's giving up. Plan to ditch the royal purple fluid for AC delco and run a trans cooler from Tognottis for now (plumb return line I'm guessing?). That's temporary, anyone have opinions on finding a NEW pump, no remans?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

gmasko

Jun 14, 2014
Sacramento
Oh and of course congrats on the lb7!!!! You got double my miles and I got double the problems hahaha!! Looks like a solid truck.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk