My new HSP 3" IC hot side pipe

DaveB

Sep 6, 2009
Northeast Indiana
Thanks for the feedback Jason! Glad to hear you're happy.
We've yet to hear of any issues with the tubes and include both boots. Getting rid of the bottom 90* boot is a nice feature!

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Blew a couple at 65#'s and scared the hell out of me. Sound like a shotgun going off

I blew a boot when I first switched out my stock boost hoses for PPE boots, I was afraid to tighten the clamp to much and collapse the end of the tube...

Getting onto the freeway I hit probably 30-32psi and she popped:eek:
Yeah, it was a startling loud boom sound followed by a hollow whoosh...

My wife was in the passenger seat and was really (ahem) "concerned" "at" me.....

It was pouring down rain, an inch on the ground, April in Washington state, about 9:45pm...I had no tools...I limped it to Target, I got a $2.50 crescent wrench and re installed the boot and tightened the bejesus out of it, and I've not blown a boot again:joker:

Lesson learned I suppose, and no....I didn't grease that boot:roflmao:

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Thanks for the feedback Jason! Glad to hear you're happy.
We've yet to hear of any issues with the tubes and include both boots. Getting rid of the bottom 90* boot is a nice feature!

I just want to be clear, I'm totally happy with your product:thumb:

The care of the packaging of the tube was a nice surprise too :)

The turbo outlet hose clamp was to small to use, it barely fit over the "uninstalled" boot, I did try and massage it into place, with no success, I had others to use so it was no biggie, and I just wanted to share that for your future reference.

I used the provided boot for the turbo/hot pipe step connection, and a PPE boot at the intercooler, the boot provided was fine, I just had an extra PPE boot lyin around I preferred to use.

Getting rid of the 90* is a cool feature:woott:
Comparing the stock piece to yours is mind boggling:confused:

Like:
Things that make you go hmmmm

Kappa9012

MAN.... I Broke it again.
Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
revive a dead thread, we use to send new dyno ops in to the cell when the engine was under boost, you could usually tell when the boot was getting old, and bulging. They'd blow off like a shotgun and the new operators would about shit themselves.

Kappa9012

MAN.... I Broke it again.
Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
just put my hsp tube on and wow.... it fits perfectly, and I mean perfect... I also have egg on my face about agreeing with not greasing tubes... not only is the tube a perfect fit, those boots are tighter than a .... well they're tight! Even with a small amount of wd40 squirted on the OD of the tube ends, I could see the silicone couplers squeegeeing off the lube. Definitely an exponentially better quality boot than the worn out oem's i took off.

Thanks again Joe and Dave.

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
I have all Hsp piping now, including the y bridge. The only issue I had was my own fault, I over tightened a clamp and put a dent in the tube. I was able to push it out so no problems now. I only hand tighten using a socket and extension now.