May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
My new HSP hot side pipe:

I heat wrapped it in DEI titanium heat wrap, there's 46' on that badd boy :D

mlmp0p.jpg

zx2x.jpg

Compared to stock....

2eujtl5.jpg

Thanks to HSP (Dave n Joe) :thumb: this is definitely a much better piece than stock, lol, I'll let y'all know how it fits tomorrow ;)

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
It will also help keep heat out. I would think at some point the heat from the engine would be greater than the temp of the air charge.

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
It will also help keep heat out. I would think at some point the heat from the engine would be greater than the temp of the air charge.

Not on the hot side. It would be beneficial if you were sub-engine bay temperature but as long as the air inside the intercooler tube is hotter than that, IMO you're going backwards. Looks cool though, so there's always that.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Not on the hot side. It would be beneficial if you were sub-engine bay temperature but as long as the air inside the intercooler tube is hotter than that, IMO you're going backwards. Looks cool though, so there's always that.
If anybody knows Heat it is you Levi haha. PS I'm probably going to be in touch soon. Might need another blanket for an S400 charger.

madmax02

Apr 30, 2012
Taylor, Mi
Seems though the air is moving through the pipes that it shouldn't transfer heat to the charge air. I could understand if your idling a lot.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Seems though the air is moving through the pipes that it shouldn't transfer heat to the charge air. I could understand if your idling a lot.

Have you ever felt a hot side intercooler pipe after you've been driving/working the truck? The pipe doesn't magically heat itself up.

madmax02

Apr 30, 2012
Taylor, Mi
I get what your saying, it's in the charge pipes for 2' or less. Just doesn't seem the the air would absorb any more heat from the pipes, I realize after sitting and idling the air does heat up as the intercooler can't work as effective t and the air is not moving as fast through the pipes.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I can't imagine there would be much difference in measured temps wrapped vs unwrapped. It's not like the air is spending much time in the pipe.

andy-stevenson

Jul 7, 2013
If someone was concerned about the engine temperature warming up the air in the intercooler wouldn't it be more beneficial to wrap the cold side pipe once the airs already been cooled?