My Monster had a stuck valve HELP okay 2013

1sgkarlthomas

Jan 11, 2018
Texas
I need a little help with my 2013 I'm getting a code for stuck C fairly certain the solenoid self isn't the problem more than likely valve is stuck I've seen several posts I've with this subject but no really answers any help would be greatly appreciated and I understand experience sometimes is Doing It Wrong repeatedly I make the assumption that everyone on here is smarter than me thanks in advance for any assistance FYI it sucks to be stuck in 4th gear

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
Its a good thing you finished with this "FYI it sucks to be stuck in 4th gear "
or we would not have known what you are talking about. Built trans? do a search on here for stuck in 4th ... I am sure one of the tranmission guys will chime in with some help.

Good luck.

1sgkarlthomas

Jan 11, 2018
Texas
Thanks
Details 2013 2500 HD. 169000 miles healthy engine no real power adders 6 inch pipe and SG intake delete kit. Allison 1000 12 Bolt pan got stuck in mud dropped pan swapped filters next day drove 50 miles did another fluid and filter change started getting code for C solenoid stuck fluid again drained both filters replaced twice with quality filters shifts OK up to 4th. Inspected pan and filter magnets dirty no chunks about what I expected for that mileage wiring harness looks fine did not check continuity. Fairly certain some form of foreign matter is culprit fluid looks clear I don't expect solenoid C is bad assume more likely the valve. So my real questions are can the valve or valves be freed some way without VB removal other than Devine intervention? If not best practices for VB removal and fixing my issue AND any suggestions or thoughts you deem helpful

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Thanks
Details 2013 2500 HD. 169000 miles healthy engine no real power adders 6 inch pipe and SG intake delete kit. Allison 1000 12 Bolt pan got stuck in mud dropped pan swapped filters next day drove 50 miles did another fluid and filter change started getting code for C solenoid stuck fluid again drained both filters replaced twice with quality filters shifts OK up to 4th. Inspected pan and filter magnets dirty no chunks about what I expected for that mileage wiring harness looks fine did not check continuity. Fairly certain some form of foreign matter is culprit fluid looks clear I don't expect solenoid C is bad assume more likely the valve. So my real questions are can the valve or valves be freed some way without VB removal other than Devine intervention? If not best practices for VB removal and fixing my issue AND any suggestions or thoughts you deem helpful

Whats a intake delete kit? no tuner on it? how hard were you on it stuck in the mud and what did you do to get it un stuck? What are the actual code numbers that come up and give them ALL in the order they were shown on the scanner. what are "quality filters"?

We are not there to see the truck, we are trying to diag though braille so you have to get in depth with your descriptions.

1sgkarlthomas

Jan 11, 2018
Texas
Took another truck that dragged me through the muddy water about the 20 feet and 3 foot deep broke 3 serious chains in process. It took 3 hours Sorry should have read as S&G Air intake system, and DEF delete. Quality filters and fluids Wix filters and name brand txsm fluids NOT Walmart brands Codes P0700 Transmission control system( MIL Request) and P0762 Shift Solenoid C stuck on

Last edited:

1sgkarlthomas

Jan 11, 2018
Texas
So I'm reaching out to the community of those transmission wizards to see if anyone had ever been able to unstuck a valve without removing the VB from the transmission I realize most likely not but gotta ask :coolspot:

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Easy guys. Not everyone has stellar grammar.

I’m answer to the question, no you aren’t gonna be successful un-sticking the valve without removing the valve body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Removing the valve body isn't that bad from what I have seen. You need to be careful putting it back to torque it EXACTLY with a calibrated wrench, and get a manual before pulling the valve body apart, because little parts can go flying.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
X2
I don't know how different the valve body is from the 2006 models, but it was easy to remove and disassemble. The key is putting it together the right way and keeping everything the meticulously clean.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Removing the valve body isn't that bad from what I have seen. You need to be careful putting it back to torque it EXACTLY with a calibrated wrench, and get a manual before pulling the valve body apart, because little parts can go flying.

This. Don’t use the “eh feels snug” approach because you’ll do more harm than good.

Stick it in the freezer for a few hours and if it moves freely then you’re good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1sgkarlthomas

Jan 11, 2018
Texas
Wow thanks for ALL the responses. 1 Zero Gravity
The short answer for getting sunk in mud. The trail I was on collapsed under me and I slid down into a muddy pond. I was amazed that the truck didn't roll over. Had to climb up and out passenger door. 2. IOWA thank you, I have been in hospital brain damage from too many concussions while serving in the US Army. 3. Day and X2 thanks for the input, I will grab a Manuel tomorrow, and clearly understand proper torque. Spent about 30:hug:years working on Black Hawks, Cobras, and Hueys. And incase I missed anyone thanks to you all from, a not so stellar fella. LOL but I am a damn good shot at 1000ft