My Luck

RitzBlitz

May 20, 2010
Ritzville, Wa
I guess I don't get what you're upset about? They explicitly say they will not rust through, nowhere does it say anything about surface rust...

Welds will surface rust quicker than the rest of the exhaust, but they won't rust through for a long time.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
So whats this mean?

The Best Systems Start With the Best Materials
Built from heavy duty T-409 stainless steel our SLM Series stainless performance exhaust systems offer a value price without compromising on the quality built into every component. While the seams are a major point of rust through with some budget systems our fully sealed tubing adds years to your system. Constructed to the same specifications as our top of the line Pro Series we back this line with an industry leading 5 Year Warranty.[/QUOTE]

RitzBlitz

May 20, 2010
Ritzville, Wa
Oh you mean the part you quoted about rust through? Face it, seems are gonna rust. Mine did, yours did, and I can pretty much guarantee everyone else's here have as well.

Gp184

Coonass and proud!
Nov 24, 2011
Reserve, La.
So that makes it ok for a company to advertise that? Just becasue you say its going to happen?

Luke, Instead of crying about it on here, do like the first couple of people said, send the pics to MBRP and see what they say about it. Your not gonna get anywhere arguing with people on here......

whytry

Oct 11, 2010
402.jpg

407.jpg

405.jpg

100_0646.jpg

Built this for my lml 2yrs ago 304ss not a spec of rust ...through 2pa winters last time I checked banks used t409 maybe they changed....

RitzBlitz

May 20, 2010
Ritzville, Wa
^^ Exactly, 304 will remain looking great, not 409. That's why 304 is so much more.

Just like you said, you get what you pay for. Send in pics, see what they say, if not and you can't deal with it, get a 304 kit.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Can you read....... Seriously, stop crying......:baby:
Can YOU read? I said to quit posting shit that isn't helpful. This post is not. There are several others that are borderline, but this one is clearly over it. I hope you enjoy your vacation.

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
Can YOU read? I said to quit posting shit that isn't helpful. This post is not. There are several others that are borderline, but this one is clearly over it. I hope you enjoy your vacation.

sorry Josh.....didn't see that you had posted :hug:

whytry

Oct 11, 2010
Yes i built it.....can't buy 5 inch 304ss i have built a few exhaust systems/components with 304 never had any rust....

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
MBRP is garbage, mine rusted thru in a year and it fit like crap, they will never get my money again. I bought a Silverline stainless 4 yrs ago and it is still rust free today...

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
MBRP is garbage, mine rusted thru in a year and it fit like crap, they will never get my money again. I bought a Silverline stainless 4 yrs ago and it is still rust free today...
I agree about MBRP the last 3 i installed fit like dog crap,i have another 1 in the garage to install now that the customer requsted it :rolleyes:

dmax_ty

Aug 18, 2011
Utah
I agree about MBRP the last 3 i installed fit like dog crap,i have another 1 in the garage to install now that the customer requsted it :rolleyes:

Really? Both my 4 and 5" MBRP systems fit great..the DE on the other hand, no so much lol.

Da fuq :dontknow:

Anywhoo, whytry, I like how yours exits more at a 90* angle, I for some reason think that look is awesome.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Mine also fit great and went on good. I did not like my diamond eye cause there was like 80 pieces to it and exited like crap.