My Luck

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
I keep telling myself you get what you pay for as I get older and older. Ordered a Mbrp stainless kit for my LMM cause I did not like how my diamond eye kit fit. Figured I will just shell out the cash and do it right. The mbrp kit fit vary well but after 3 weeks it already looks like this. I expected a little surface rust but there is almost a solid line all the way down the last piece. Wonder how it will look in a year. Only drive truck on weekends. Just cant win anymore.

mbrp007_zpsee6d120e.jpg

mbrp008_zpsbd219816.jpg

mbrp009_zps6118a91c.jpg

ryan415

Oct 24, 2012
Wow. I've had a aluminized mbrp on my truck for a year, almost two winters and it has 0 rust. That sucks man

SmithLBZ

Jan 11, 2012
TN
^^ Send the pics to them and see what they say.

I would bet they have some sort of warranty on it

DaveB

Sep 6, 2009
Northeast Indiana
I bet they will say it's normal. Only way to get no rust is 304 which is very pricey. I tell everyone I know that buys exhaust around here to paint it black before putting it on, otherwise it will rust and look like crap. Easier to paint when brand new. I learned on mine and went back and painted it all after it rusted.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
The Best Systems Start With the Best Materials
Built from heavy duty T-409 stainless steel our SLM Series stainless performance exhaust systems offer a value price without compromising on the quality built into every component. While the seams are a major point of rust through with some budget systems our fully sealed tubing adds years to your system. Constructed to the same specifications as our top of the line Pro Series we back this line with an industry leading 5 Year Warranty.

Minimize Backpressure
The secret to getting more out of your diesel engine is to give it lots of cool, clean air. The only way that you can get fresh air in is to get the hot air out. From the fully mandrel bent tubing to minimal bend degree angles, your MBRP performance system gets exhaust out fast. Drop exhaust gas temperature by up to 200F and set the stage for all the performance you want. An MBRP performance exhaust system is the starting point to getting the most from cold air intakes, programmers, modules and downloaders.

My ass. Haha

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Looks pretty normal to me. It doesn't say the seam won't rust it says it last a long time. I plan on getting and 409 system and know before hand I will paint it with roll on stove pipe paint.

Good luck with MBRP though

gr8shot

Practically stock
Apr 28, 2009
Grand Island, NE
Not sure what you expected with 409 stainless. There's still road salt on the weekends too, so that'll happen. It's not bad luck, it's just 409SS I've never been a fan of 409. Aluminized will last almost as long as long as you don't cut or weld it, or if you paint over cuts and/or welds.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Not sure what you expected with 409 stainless. There's still road salt on the weekends too, so that'll happen. It's not bad luck, it's just 409SS I've never been a fan of 409. Aluminized will last almost as long as long as you don't cut or weld it, or if you paint over cuts and/or welds.

I read about it before I bought it so I expected surface rust and so fourth. All the other pipes are fine but this one. Seems like there is Just a issue with the seem. I just wonder if its like this after 3 weeks hows it going to look in a year or 2. Yes there is salt on roads on the weekends but I have yet drove it in the snow or slush. I have ran there aluminized kits and there clamps rust instantly if you dont paint them.