LBZ: My lbz thread (pic heavy)

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
What’s the going rate for you guys on tint?

Whole truck? Front windows? Or windshield?

Call American Mobile Tint, names Denver (740-398-3017). He redid my front windows for me, you could set up an appointment (he's in Mount Vernon), but he also does on site tint. I think regular price was $150ish for side windows.

joshd472

Oct 10, 2016
No lube necessary. Tinting 8 pieces of glass its very reasonable. He charges me $90 for 3 fronts on my trucks, any tint.

I misunderstood. I thought you ment $170 for each each piece of glass. My mistake :giveup:

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
Call American Mobile Tint, names Denver (740-398-3017). He redid my front windows for me, you could set up an appointment (he's in Mount Vernon), but he also does on site tint. I think regular price was $150ish for side windows.

Played phone tag with him today. Will try again tomorrow. Lol

Got a couple more quotes though

Very reputable place hit me at 299.00 for everything but windshield.

Then went on to tell me he would sue me if I hit him and my windshield was tinted. I tried to explain that I didn’t want to do limo tint on it and he got really defensive about it and continued to be a ass. So that’s out.

Called the same place that did my explorer and it looks really good. They also hit me at 299.00 plus 200.00 for the windshield.

Then there is a place that does all the graphics for our work trucks. He hit me at 320.00 for everything...... and it’s 20 mins from my house.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Played phone tag with him today. Will try again tomorrow. Lol

Got a couple more quotes though

Very reputable place hit me at 299.00 for everything but windshield.

Then went on to tell me he would sue me if I hit him and my windshield was tinted. I tried to explain that I didn’t want to do limo tint on it and he got really defensive about it and continued to be a ass. So that’s out.

Called the same place that did my explorer and it looks really good. They also hit me at 299.00 plus 200.00 for the windshield.

Then there is a place that does all the graphics for our work trucks. He hit me at 320.00 for everything...... and it’s 20 mins from my house.

320 is very reasonable

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Christ I’m glad I know a guy:D

Oh quit being a cheap azz. I can do it myself, but if something happens to it I can't take it back and have it fixed for free.

My thoughts also.

Will probably go that way since it’s the cheapest and convenient. Lol

Not a bad price. Still think you guys are crazy with this windshield tint, I'm sure it's nice at times but I'll have to agree with the guy at the tint shop. :baby:

Mar 28, 2015
Blue Springs, MO
Not a bad price. Still think you guys are crazy with this windshield tint, I'm sure it's nice at times but I'll have to agree with the guy at the tint shop. :baby:

Those are my thoughts too. Not to mention that cops don't have a sense of humor about tinted windshields. I have talked to a couple people that have had their cars towed for it. However, I do think it looks cool. I personally don't want to risk it but I'm sure plenty of people get away with it just fine.

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
Oh quit being a cheap azz. I can do it myself, but if something happens to it I can't take it back and have it fixed for free.

Those are my thoughts too. Not to mention that cops don't have a sense of humor about tinted windshields. I have talked to a couple people that have had their cars towed for it. However, I do think it looks cool. I personally don't want to risk it but I'm sure plenty of people get away with it just fine.

My biggest thing is I want to take the glare away during the day time. I get headaches from squinting my eyes. I wear sunglasses some also but not all the time.

My dad had a prescription for tint on his vehicles because he had eye problems also. I have good vision just the glare kicks my ass some days.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC

Why am I cheap because I can get it done for almost half lol that’s with a lifetime warranty AND stripping my front tint too.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I only payed 300 for the Denali all the way around and 200 for the single cab, well worth not having to drive around in a fishbowl...:D

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Windshield tint is actually “legal” in Texas but only like 80%. Even that still makes a huge difference in the heat and glare. Toss in a 5% brow and your good.

Windshield tint isn’t actually illegal for blocking your vision. It’s illegal because other drivers can’t see what you’re doing. 90% of the time if you’re watching drivers in other vehicles you know what they’re about to do before they do it. You see them glancing in their mirrors you see them making eye contact with you etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobsDmax

Mar 19, 2012
Arthur, Ontario
I have 15% on my sides and got talked into it and only 50% on my windshield. I had 5% on my old truck with 35% on the windshield and it was much much better. Getting this one re done ASAP. Corb keep killin it truck looks bad as hell! :thumb:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Headed to see if Mark can give the lb7 the spaghetti tune
22deba085495cceb52e00d9cecc10b30.jpg