LBZ: My lbz thread (pic heavy)

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
It's really not that bad especially with HIDs, but I wouldn't do it on a vehical that gets driver a lot in tight areas in the dark.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Well I am extremely color blind, which also has a pretty substantial effect on my night vision. My truck is only 15% on everything but the windshield which is clear and I still have to roll windows down to see at night.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Don't know how you guys aren't dead. I had 5% on my old s10. Never again. If someone was driving with no lights / dim lights you couldn't see them, pedestrians are even worse. I can hardly see out my side mirrors at night with 20%

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
35 is a min

I learned by watching you pops.

07cc70c610a3f4bedee466606aa1e132.jpg

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Don't know how you guys aren't dead. I had 5% on my old s10. Never again. If someone was driving with no lights / dim lights you couldn't see them, pedestrians are even worse. I can hardly see out my side mirrors at night with 20%
I have super sensitive eyes. I have to have the auto-dimming mirrors plus my 35% tint at night or the headlights behind me make my eyes water. I would put tint on the windshield too, but I always find the cop with no sense of humor, so I just run the darkest legal tint on my stuff. I can't see outside without sunglasses. If I forget them my eyes water so bad I can't see where I am walking, let alone driving. For this reason, I keep 1 or 2 spare pairs of sunglasses in every vehicle.

Presumably the other guys tinting dark are like me, and can see better with a dark window than with a clear one. I probably descend from a family of night watchmen or something lol

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
I think I pay $180 sides and rear $90 more for the windshield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guy was gonna do my extended cab for $185 including windshield, or just over $400 for ceramic tint. Off the street price is a tad higher just cause I’m a returning customer.

Last edited:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I have super sensitive eyes. I have to have the auto-dimming mirrors plus my 35% tint at night or the headlights behind me make my eyes water. I would put tint on the windshield too, but I always find the cop with no sense of humor, so I just run the darkest legal tint on my stuff. I can't see outside without sunglasses. If I forget them my eyes water so bad I can't see where I am walking, let alone driving. For this reason, I keep 1 or 2 spare pairs of sunglasses in every vehicle.

Presumably the other guys tinting dark are like me, and can see better with a dark window than with a clear one. I probably descend from a family of night watchmen or something lol

I have no problems seeing with dark windows so maybe I'm like you

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
I have been on the fence about tinting my truck, but I tow a trailer a fair bit and dark tint+night=can't see shit. So I haven't bothered to do it yet, how dark would you guys go for something like that?

joshd472

Oct 10, 2016
I have been on the fence about tinting my truck, but I tow a trailer a fair bit and dark tint+night=can't see shit. So I haven't bothered to do it yet, how dark would you guys go for something like that?

My truck is 20% on the sides and back and 50% on the windshield. My old truck was 5% and 35% on the windshield and it was a pain at night. I tow a boat at night a lot and the 20-50% combo doesn't bother me at all.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I tow all the time. Day night doesn't matter. Just have to learn to drive lol