My build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
LOL, that's nothing, let me see if I can find the picture of what those twins came back with the first time. It was hysterical.

Sent from my iPhone.

Hit me up on fb or PM me on here lol I'll send u more that are really bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
This must be a common thing, mine were the completely wrong color also lol not even close.

Mine were legit the wrong color I called prismatic and asked lol the sales rep looked up it for me I was pissed and I'm still mad about it.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Mine were legit the wrong color I called prismatic and asked lol the sales rep looked up it for me I was pissed and I'm still mad about it.

Easy speed racer...its only paint...small things in the grand scheme of life, ask me how I know

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
Easy speed racer...its only paint...small things in the grand scheme of life, ask me how I know

Yeah but I was quoted 250$ I paid for the powder that he ordered the wrong color I should have ordered it I know but we all make mistakes.

All said and done from the 1st guy I paid close to 500$ for powder coat on an install kit, charger and valve covers....then had to buy powder again and pay someone to fix it lol. I learned my lesson

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I learned letting someone "reputable" build my trans. He forgot a part. So it broke. Now my warranty just came out in close yo another 3k into the trans. I'm at a total of 7500...I'd take the powder goof any day

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
I learned letting someone "reputable" build my trans. He forgot a part. So it broke. Now my warranty just came out in close yo another 3k into the trans. I'm at a total of 7500...I'd take the powder goof any day

You win. Lol

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
And I still have stock shafts no billet...makes me a sad guy. And my bridge has to go back and get more machine work. The groove in the flanges isn't deep enough by anywhere from .030-.050 on the low side and .040-.060 on the high end of spec. But talked with Joe and Dave at HSP and they are all over getting me fixed up. I'm not mad at all. My trucks been down 120 days at the end of the month and I look at it as what's a few more days to have it right

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
And I still have stock shafts no billet...makes me a sad guy. And my bridge has to go back and get more machine work. The groove in the flanges isn't deep enough by anywhere from .030-.050 on the low side and .040-.060 on the high end of spec. But talked with Joe and Dave at HSP and they are all over getting me fixed up. I'm not mad at all. My trucks been down 120 days at the end of the month and I look at it as what's a few more days to have it right

Mine will be 150 at the end of march ...joe and Dave are the best! You're in good hands

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
For sure. They forever get to handle the air in any truck I own or ever will

ja9e2yva.jpg

This is what I get from them lol

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
That thing would be sweet coated "whorange" with the lettering done white with black outline....it'd pop like bam!

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Before it went blurple the kit was supposed to be powdered this real nice burgundy vein.

This is the sample photo I sent them (which they finally matched in the end):

PowderColor5_zpsbb2336cd.jpg

First time it came back looking like this (LOL :roflmao:):

DSCF6163_zps51978084.jpg

This is the fixed result:

f0031b94-1.jpg

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Wowzer that is a gorgeous color. The first try not so much bit the sample...damn that's purty

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
All I dare say...do not...do not let Dimitri build your trans!

X2. Had a buddy pay 5-6k on a trans from dmitri. Was his "street/race" package. Then he was told the trans can hold up to 900 hp and you CANNOT tow with it otherwise the "warranty" would be void. First week he had a leaking gasket and dmitri stopped talking to him so he fixed it himself on his dime.

All I have to say is I paid 4400 to a local guy that has been a gm transmission mechanic for 30+ years in slc and have had 0 problems whatsoever.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
No lies...I am very excited to hear how she likes that gated 366. And how it likes some 60 covers...if I can ever make mine go 60 covers come next

Status
Not open for further replies.