LBZ: My 06 GMC CC/SB progress

jliddle

Jun 30, 2012
NC
Thanks everyone. Truck is getting the trans built soon.

Been so crazy busy with work, havent had much time to work on it lately. I did however scoop up a blem Autometer gauge pod for $30 lol.

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
Prince George, BC, Canada
Loving the look. When you hack up that HD hood could you post pics of areas that need modifying other then around the headlights? I'm trying to find one to modify for my 06. Love the HD hoods off the 00-01 Chevys.

boost_clown

Jan 26, 2016
kalamazoo mi
Interested to see how you modify the hood. I just put the 01 HD hood on my 06 and was surprised when I found out I had to modify the grill too

jliddle

Jun 30, 2012
NC
Loving the look. When you hack up that HD hood could you post pics of areas that need modifying other then around the headlights? I'm trying to find one to modify for my 06. Love the HD hoods off the 00-01 Chevys.

Yup will do.

:thumb:

Interested to see how you modify the hood. I just put the 01 HD hood on my 06 and was surprised when I found out I had to modify the grill too

Oh? Never heard of anyone hacking up a grille. I have heard that they dont align perfectly due to the different contours but never heard of anyone cutting the grille.

boost_clown

Jan 26, 2016
kalamazoo mi
I suppose you don't have to modify the grill but if you don't then the grill will stick out passed the hood by like 1.250" in the corners by the headlight and like .750" in the center. I just cut the top three grill mounts and bent it back but then I had to cut some relief slots and what not. It depends if you're worried about them lining up I suppose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jliddle

Jun 30, 2012
NC
Ill keep that in mind. Worst case ill make what ever cuts on the grill thats in it now then pick up a new 1500 grille and duplicate the cuts on it.

One thats in it now has a few spots where the chrome is faded anyway.

jliddle

Jun 30, 2012
NC
Thanks bud. I still have a long way to go.

Heres a list of things I still need to pick up/do:

1.S468 - Sourcing locally. Polished race cover to match billet valve covers.

2. Hot/Cold side, Y Bridge and Intake - ( Still havent decided between Wherli or HSP. HSP seems to be kind of delayed on their email responses that Ive gotten. May end up with Wherli in that case because their replies on FB are almost instant. I also like Wherlis intake better than a sheet metal box type such as HSP's. )

3. Sump - Decided to go with a G&R. I like the AN type fittings an the integrated return.

4. Miscellaneous fittings/distribution block to replumb fuel system from FASS to CP3

5. Once tore down several parts need to be powdered satin black. Im going with a polished/satin black theme. Kinda inspired from the ProTouring hot rod scene that I came up in.

There are several other things that I want to do such as battery relocation, van housing, coolant tank but they can wait until the kit is actually installed.