LBZ: My 06 GMC CC/SB progress

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
Thanks man. You too tho!! Let's see those seats and new wheel choice!

Too many irons in the fire to mess with it right now. Jeep is in the paint booth and I bought an lbz and lb7 to resale so those are first. No to mention work is insane.

jliddle

Jun 30, 2012
NC
Too many irons in the fire to mess with it right now. Jeep is in the paint booth and I bought an lbz and lb7 to resale so those are first. No to mention work is insane.

Completely understand!

Picked up 25ft of Parker 1/2" today to plumb the supply line from the sump-Fass-firewall.

Whats everyone using for return? 1/2" as well or 3/8'?

jliddle

Jun 30, 2012
NC
Also..

Anyone have any experience with Victor Rienz gaskets in the duramaxs? Pulling valve covers and a few other odds for powder coat here soon...

So Im comparing prices through all the major websites for a injector install set. This includes upper/lower valve cover, o-rings/crush washers for the injector and grommets. Usually I would stick with OEM, but these arent as crucial as head gaskets.

Here is what Tony has.. http://dirtyhookerdiesel.com/i-1490...over-master-set-when-replacing-injectors.html

jliddle

Jun 30, 2012
NC
Will do..

Scooped up a triple gauge pillar the other day for $30. Was an Autometer blem deal. It had a little spec in the texture in a place that will never be seen.

Also sent out my Profab manifolds, up pipes and pedestal to Calico today to get coated in black ceramic. Slowly but surely Im getting prepped for the 468 install.

Last edited:

jliddle

Jun 30, 2012
NC
Got a little Mothers billet rubbed on these SoCal covers. Used a spare of lowers I had blasted a while back to see how they would look. Debating to do the lower covers, accesory brackets and a few other odds and ends in either wrinkle black or satin black. Im not a fan of glossy engine parts.. other than polished of course!

jliddle

Jun 30, 2012
NC
Well the mothers billet didn't cut it. SoCal covers still had surfacing marks in them.

I dropped them off with a local polishing guy, then they will make their way to the coater for clear powder.

Also decided on bronze chrome powder for the IC tubes, runners and intake. Wrinkle black on lower valve covers and all accessory brackets. Polished race cover, valve covers, fuel lines blah blah.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Well the mothers billet didn't cut it. SoCal covers still had surfacing marks in them.

I dropped them off with a local polishing guy, then they will make their way to the coater for clear powder.

Also decided on bronze chrome powder for the IC tubes, runners and intake. Wrinkle black on lower valve covers and all accessory brackets. Polished race cover, valve covers, fuel lines blah blah.

You use Area 51 or Jeff at Livewire?

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO

Love bronze chrome, good call.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Area 51 has always done my stuff since they used to be up here in Holly Ridge.

Thanks man. So glad I saw your wheels in that color. Also glad I deviated from the norm of black or blue tubing.

Cool. My shop is across the street in the industrial park. If Jeff wasn't a friend I'd go use Ian over at 51. I've known him for a decade. Lol...

jliddle

Jun 30, 2012
NC
Very cool man. They both do great work.

Area 51 is great about throwing stuff in with another batch of popular colors to cut down on costs.

jliddle

Jun 30, 2012
NC
Not much else is new. Truck is at the local shop getting the trans built, pump rub and drivers dipstick this week.

Got 25ft of Techflex f6 in today and decided to try it on my fass harness. I like this stuff so much better than factory corrugated loom. 1/4"x25' section was about $15 on Amazon.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Not much else is new. Truck is at the local shop getting the trans built, pump rub and drivers dipstick this week.

Got 25ft of Techflex f6 in today and decided to try it on my fass harness. I like this stuff so much better than factory corrugated loom. 1/4"x25' section was about $15 on Amazon.

You take it to Donnie or Dustin?

jliddle

Jun 30, 2012
NC
Truck is still at Dustins so I've plugging away with some braided loom as well as I made a bracket for my Fass to mount to the rear crossmember.