LB7: MY 03 Sierra RC/LB

NCDuramaxKid

Nov 27, 2013
North Carolina
Anyone have a how to thread for the head gaskets I'm debating if I want to attempt it but not sure I've been quoted 4500 bucks to do the head gaskets and just dont have that kind of money to put into it.

NCDuramaxKid

Nov 27, 2013
North Carolina
You can do it, just take your time! If you decide to part with it let me know.
I think I'm going to try and attempt it I'm gonna try and figure out by Monday on what to do. Heard that it's best to buy the thickest gasket that's offered I know the head bolts have to be replaced I'm not planning on upping the power any so ill prob just use regular oem head bolts instead of the studs.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Full kit with arp or stock bolts. Also kits come with valve cover gaskets, injector seals and return line washers and valve seals, exhaust manifold and up pipe gaskets and more.
HG's grades A, B and C ( Grade C shipped if not selected)
Base kit no bolts 375.00 shipped
Base kit w/bolts 520.00 shipped
Base kit w/arp studs 930.00 shipped

http://creaturesofthenightperformance.com/LB7-Head-Gasket-Kit-01-04-P3258963.aspx#

Last edited:

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Full kit with arp or stock bolts. Also kits come with valve cover gaskets, injector seals and return line washers and valve seals, exhaust manifold and up pipe gaskets and more.
HG's grades A, B and C ( Grade C shipped if not selected)
Base kit no bolts 375.00 shipped
Base kit w/bolts 520.00 shipped
Base kit w/arp studs 930.00 shipped

http://creaturesofthenightperformance.com/LB7-Head-Gasket-Kit-01-04-P3258963.aspx#

Henry, you must be tired you left a letter out of the alphabet:)

Last edited by a moderator:

NCDuramaxKid

Nov 27, 2013
North Carolina
I've been looking at the truck more I think its got a bad injector cup along with an injector cause its got a injector tick. Really wondering if its not the headgaskets and just a bad injector cup and injector. Hmm

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
I've been looking at the truck more I think its got a bad injector cup along with an injector cause its got a injector tick. Really wondering if its not the headgaskets and just a bad injector cup and injector. Hmm

Don't take this the wrong way, but that sounds like real wishful thinking. I certainly would like to hope for your sake it's just an injector cup, but it sounds like it's a head gasket.