More PPE B.S.

gl4787

<-- just sits
Jan 27, 2009
WI
So I broke one of the chrome nuts with the sleeve on it when installing my pitman/idler supports so I put the pitman side on and emailed PPE the next day inquiring about getting a new one so i could finish the idler side. I personally don't think i should have to pay for it as it broke with barely any pressure on it using a wrench. The sleeve just twisted right off the nut. I don't really care if I have to pay for it, but they never contacted me. I emailed them again today and hopefully i can get this freakin nut so i can finish my front end build. This is the third or fourth time i've ran into this kind of thing with them. My girlfriend ordered me some stuff from them for my birthday about two months before my birthday and we didn't finally get the stuff until about a month and a half after and that wasn't until she emailed/called about a dozen times. If anyone knows where i can get one of these nuts (i know they're specialty hardware) I would appreciate it. -Garrett

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
dans really busy right now fending off internet bullies and out making badass videos of his rowdy truck. might be a while before he gets to you.:thumb:

fctry286

WhisperMax
Jul 30, 2010
San Diego.
I am not sure who you guys called or email but Dan is not the only person that can you help you at PPE. my truck has alot of PPE products and not had one problem with them. I think if you guys have a problem with a company you don't blow them up on a forum. I am willing to bet that there are shops that have problems but there not getting Stuff on here.
WTF.

gl4787

<-- just sits
Jan 27, 2009
WI
Do you have factory or moog arms? If you have moog I have some nuts in the garage I can send you.

I do have stock arms but it's the nut that fits into the heim joint on the support. If that's what you've got, how much do you want for it?

PAT

EASY DAY
Aug 21, 2011
your back yard
I am not sure who you guys called or email but Dan is not the only person that can you help you at PPE. my truck has alot of PPE products and not had one problem with them. I think if you guys have a problem with a company you don't blow them up on a forum. I am willing to bet that there are shops that have problems but there not getting Stuff on here.
WTF.

I can vouge for him on that. Mans truck is just about all PPE. Hasn't ever had problems with any of it. Dan also went above and beyond to help him with tuning the truck as well.

gl4787

<-- just sits
Jan 27, 2009
WI
I think if you guys have a problem with a company you don't blow them up on a forum.

what should I do, email (done), call (done), PM (done), i guess all that's really left would be telegraph and messenger birds

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
what should I do, email (done), call (done), PM (done), i guess all that's really left would be telegraph and messenger birds

You could always email Cognito and ask them if they'd sell you a nut, as it looks like its their kit, just rebadged.

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
Don't grind me too much on this, but it's the same thread as some lug nuts at ur local auto parts store. I know it's not the best solution but I've had one on my pitman side for over a year. Think it's a 14mm thread, like 1 1/2" shank.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I am not sure who you guys called or email but Dan is not the only person that can you help you at PPE.

Bullshit. Seems like the only way to get ASSistance from PPE is by calling Dan. How retarded is that?

Just call Dan, Just call Dan!

F with that shit, PPE needs to train their employees to give a crap on their customer service.

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Bullshit. Seems like the only way to get ASSistance from PPE is by calling Dan. How retarded is that?

F with that shit, PPE needs to train their employees to give a crap on their customer service.

Exactly, how many times have you heard Dan say on the forums that he never got that message???? Does PPEs secretarys really suck that bad?? If so, i would be doing some fireing. That or somebodys just passing the blame down the line.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.

They took lessons from II, get a bunch of kids to work the phones and computers so the guys responsible for the issues can call out sick and decide which calls to take...

gl4787

<-- just sits
Jan 27, 2009
WI
There isn't a doubt in my mind that they screen the hell out of their calls and emails. I tried like hell to add two t shirts for my girlfriend to my order once and i guess since it wasn't a turbo or dual CP3 kit the messages and emails got trashed.