Modded VVT's from PPE?

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Dan it's easy to forget what section a thread is in. I keep catching myself doing this, even after Pat sends a reminder. It just takes some gettin used to.:)

No problem. Thanks for understanding.

No offense intended Dan. Just answered a question.

2 HP/pound of back pressure in strict mechanical terms. The goal of any VNT improvement has to address the boost/drive pressure ratio to be successful.

Please try and keep this post on topic. Thanks

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008

Please try and keep this post on topic. Thanks

My post was on topic about PPEs VNT chargers. If you know all of the bases havent been covered you have taken apart all of Bradyens chargers and know exactly whats in them right?

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
My post was on topic about PPEs VNT chargers. If you know all of the bases havent been covered you have taken apart all of Bradyens chargers and know exactly whats in them right?
If he bought one who cares, it's his to do what he wants with. If Brayden gave him one still who cares. If Brayden is concerned then I'm sure the is a copyright infringement lawsuit on the horizon. I'd bet a bunch of people have looked inside of a stock charger. EVERYTHING I do on my truck I do to make it better then what I have & if that's trying to improve on what seems to be an awesome charger that Brayden has. I say best of luck Dan or whoever that wants to move charger technology forward :D
JMO

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
If he bought one who cares, it's his to do what he wants with. If Brayden gave him one still who cares. If Brayden is concerned then I'm sure the is a copyright infringement lawsuit on the horizon. I'd bet a bunch of people have looked inside of a stock charger. EVERYTHING I do on my truck I do to make it better then what I have & if that's trying to improve on what seems to be an awesome charger that Brayden has. I say best of luck Dan or whoever that wants to move charger technology forward :D
JMO

I agree to move chargers forward is great, but saying that the bases havent been covered means that theyve seen what Brayden is doing. I know that they havent bought any chargers from him. So Im just asking how the bases havent been covered its an honest question.

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
I agree to move chargers forward is great, but saying that the bases havent been covered means that theyve seen what Brayden is doing. I know that they havent bought any chargers from him. So Im just asking how the bases havent been covered its an honest question.

It is a honest question but noone will tell what they think is going on inside. Brayden was fairly tight lipped in the beginning. I assume that is why Dan is not commenting on this. Same thing with Mark apparently they thought they could make better ones, so they did. It just continues with PPE

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
It is a honest question but noone will tell what they think is going on inside. Brayden was fairly tight lipped in the beginning. I assume that is why Dan is not commenting on this. Same thing with Mark apparently they thought they could make better ones, so they did. It just continues with PPE

Im not asking anyone to share secrets and I expect them to be tight lipped as theyve put a ton of work into them. Im just saying to know what bases arent covered means theyve seen whats been covered...I am not asking what their plans are, just asking what chargers theyve taken apart, thats all.

hhhsharps

May 24, 2008
Vvt R&d

I'm not wanting to ruffle any feathers....but I would like to hear some more tech talk on the VVT. I originally thought that I would have no interest in changing out the stock turbo, but this really has my curiosity piqued. Like Kodiak, I am all about lowering temps and boost at a certain hp output. I tow alot also and this can be nothing but good. I also like the fact that a modded VVT would look like the original to the untrained eye.

Dan, I hope your market research shows you that a nich for this product is probably more prevelant now than ever before. There are so many people that are much more reserved than aggressive racers. Think of all the towing types, RV'ers, and the thousands of lurkers (not negative) that never join a forum or post anything, that glean an enormous amount of information. These are the "reserved" types I refer to.

I am very interested in your R&D...keep us posted when you can.

Eric

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Generic Disclaimer (not directed at anyone specifically):

These forums in the Candy Store are advertising areas for the titled shops.

And they are moderated entirely by the shop.

If you desire to discuss general turbocharging or generic VNT mod'g, it should be discussed in Turbo Talk or other non-exclusive tech areas.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Im not asking anyone to share secrets and I expect them to be tight lipped as theyve put a ton of work into them. Im just saying to know what bases arent covered means theyve seen whats been covered...I am not asking what their plans are, just asking what chargers theyve taken apart, thats all.

You should just drop this one Jordan, I have a good Idea where you going with this and its not whats happening (or gonna happen)...;)

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
You should just drop this one Jordan, I have a good Idea where you going with this and its not whats happening (or gonna happen)...;)

I just wanted to know that one thing that was all, no further. And yes I know what youre talking about. SO question for Dan, any idea when these chargers will be available? Have any been tested if they are?

NemesisDP

Apr 20, 2008
Bloomfield New Mexico
When I talked to Dan on Tuesday he said that we were a couple of weeks out still. Can't wait to see what they come out with, I have alot of customers (oilfield and farmers) who are real intrested in these vvt turbos. I think I will have one of the first to test for them. I have been logging alot of info the last couple of times I have towed and raced to have some data to compare. I tow real heavy around 34,600 with truck trailer and backhoe so I think I got a good test mule.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
When I talked to Dan on Tuesday he said that we were a couple of weeks out still. Can't wait to see what they come out with, I have alot of customers (oilfield and farmers) who are real intrested in these vvt turbos. I think I will have one of the first to test for them. I have been logging alot of info the last couple of times I have towed and raced to have some data to compare. I tow real heavy around 34,600 with truck trailer and backhoe so I think I got a good test mule.

thats definately going to be a good test mule indeed