Mitusa failure???

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Where will it be mounted?

They have not said were be nice if it could mount the same. But little tight for us off the top of my head have not had to look under the old girl for sometime. I will contact my rep and see if I can get any info on it for us.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
That would be nice. Id like to have one of those over my air dog as long as i can keep my second cp3 where it is

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
A gear pump is a very simple thing. Either the pump is bypassing internally or its sucking air. Does it have a pressure relief? Do you have a filter before the mitusa? If the pump is junk, you have trash in your fuel, the pump is not getting enough lubrication from the fuel, or its a cheapy pump built with loose tolerances.

I'm going to pull the pump off and check it out. Truck is still at work . I have a filter after the mitusa right before the cp3.

Havent had any problems with my mitusa. Id give the guys at ultimate transmission a call. They are who I got my mitusa kit through.

Already did that, waiting on a reply

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
I'm going to pull the pump off and check it out. Truck is still at work . I have a filter after the mitusa right before the cp3.

I you keep the pump, I would rig up a small FF/WS before the mitusa to catch any trash or water before it goes through the pump. I really doesnt alot of debris going through the pump to create pumping losses.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
These pumps will be ready for the Duramax soon also.

ECC498D2.jpg
Henry
nice looking pump, -8 if so i dont believe is enough...perhaps just me

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
a pump that does -12 min is the best IMO i run fuel lab but it failed after 2 years....they did But it toook a long time

Guys considder your filters they need to accomadate

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Not much. But any drive on the engine is a waste of horsepower. I'm sure some will say its a dumb comment, but its true. As little as the effects are there still there.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Do you have the same opinion about gear-driven pumps? Because they are used by nearly every mod truck out there....same principle as a belt driven pump, and roughly the same "losses"

Odyssey25013

DF Regect
Nov 9, 2010
CT
Do you have the same opinion about gear-driven pumps? Because they are used by nearly every mod truck out there....same principle as a belt driven pump, and roughly the same "losses"

If an electric pump draws current from the batteries, the alternator has a higher load, which creates a "loss". Or am I completely wrong here.

Lift pump = "loss" No matter how you put it.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
No, you are correct, but electric is not what i was referring to. Aeromotive and fuel lab and others make a belt driven pump such as the MITUSA but also a direct gear drive mounting kit for them for those that want them mounted a little cleaner.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
No, you are correct, but electric is not what i was referring to. Aeromotive and fuel lab and others make a belt driven pump such as the MITUSA but also a direct gear drive mounting kit for them for those that want them mounted a little cleaner.

Yeah that would be the same as a belt. I guess the electric could be just as 'in noticed'. Just going off my buddies old stang picked up a few ponies after putting underdrive pulleys on.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Off topic, but what gains would you see at the drag strip if you had a cut off switch to stop the altanator from charging during a run? Just let everything draw off the batterys.

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
Off topic: Either way you look at it there is going be a parasitic draw be it a electric, gear, or belt driven pump. Running a lift pump is IMHO no different than the alt, fuse block, tcm and ecm it takes to run the darn engine so your still going to have a lost no matter what no need to fret over a parasitic draw to make sure every thing is happy and supplied with enough fuel. Think about this you delete the A/C comp and the wire loom that used to supply it the signal of on and off there is still going to be a draw somewhere in the ecm that is supposed to control that function/circuit even thought its not there the parasitic draw is no need to nit pick the small minute little things like that. JMHO

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
well i think i might just pull the mitusa and install a different lift pump, not sure what the problem is and i hate to just though money at a problem and not know if it will fix it or not but this is my only vehicle and i need to have it running. and no one wants to buy a $30K truck that doesnt run LMFAO :roflmao:

looking around for lift pumps what gph should i be looking at? 150 should be good right? or should i go with a 200? not looking to spend a large amount of money on this. just want something that will work for my needs and power.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Lift pumps don't keep up to demand period a 150 will work a 200 would be better

When my fuel lab shift the bed I ran a fass 200 and air dog 150 it still ran vacuum