Mitusa failure???

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
So this morning I go to start my truck and everything is going fine. Well I'm letting it idle and it just shuts off. Try to start again nothing, no codes so I open the hood. And I see my belt for my mitusa is off. Thought it was broken no big deal. wasn't the case, the 2 bolts that hold it to the spacer which mounts to the bracket were missing and it was just hanging there.

So I try to reprime the fuel system with no luck. Open up some lines and I'm not pulling any fuel. Line rom the tank is good and YES I'm turning the pump the right way.

So do you think I may have hurt the pump some how?

Right now truck is down and I can't have that. Is the Airdog II my best choice for a new lift pump?

This truck will be the death of me, just more ammo for the wife to use as to why I need to sell it....

Thanks for any help/advice

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Hmm. They are super simple to take apart. Remove the shaft and feel it with your nail or a micrometer to see if it has worn itself down to the point of not being airtight. It doesn't take much with that pump

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
If it has worn it self down am I just SOL and will have to but a new lift pump or do you think I'd be able to get the parts here in Hawaii

Id get rid of that f**kin thing but that's just me... A nice flow through pump with decent customer service vs. Non existent customer service would be my suggestion

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Can't you just bypass the thing and let the CP3 pull fuel from the tank until your new pump arrives?

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
These pumps will be ready for the Duramax soon also.

ECC498D2.jpg

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
Sounds like its better than the mitusa but time will tell. If I was going to run a driven lift pump no doubt in my mind I'd use a waterman like the top pullers use thats gear driven nothing there to really break or fail.

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
A gear pump is a very simple thing. Either the pump is bypassing internally or its sucking air. Does it have a pressure relief? Do you have a filter before the mitusa? If the pump is junk, you have trash in your fuel, the pump is not getting enough lubrication from the fuel, or its a cheapy pump built with loose tolerances.

xtremebikr04

Jan 17, 2011
Vermont
Havent had any problems with my mitusa. Id give the guys at ultimate transmission a call. They are who I got my mitusa kit through.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
For the best power you should always go electric when possible. Atleast I would, and they seem to be plenty robust.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

xtremebikr04

Jan 17, 2011
Vermont
Not much. But any drive on the engine is a waste of horsepower. I'm sure some will say its a dumb comment, but its true. As little as the effects are there still there.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

The draw off the engine from this belt iirc is 1/3 of a hp. No I havent tested this but thats what I was told when buying the kit. It takes little to no effort to turn this pump by hand. Now what about the hp it takes to run the large electric pumps and the draw they make on the alternator(s) and charging systems?