MAX'D OUT RACING'S new prostock hotrod

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Used to have a 65 el camino myself. Not the fastest, but i ran low 10's @ 140+ mph with it....manual trans too. In my eyes, the 64-67 years were some of the sexiest cars ever made.

That is gonna be one badass ride. Cant wait to see it run. Like mike said, 7 seconds would be awesome:thumb:

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
Is he going to try and be the fastiest full bodied duramax equipped vehicle? Banks rail car doesnt count but there is still some competition there!

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
Well if you use the calculator at the top off the page it says that Rob must be making somewher around 1200HP to go low 9's in a 6200 pound truck. So if you took that same motor or another 1200HP motor and put it in a 3000 pound vehicle the calculator says that it would go 7.25 et in the 1/4 mile at 185mph:eek:

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
As far as if it will use the squeeze or not, may use a single trubo and three stages to start, may go to a set of twins in the future depending on how it performs. No restrictions on this one, anything goes. Hoping it will come in under 3,000 lbs but who knows for sure with everything considered and the potential to have to add weight to balance it. Rob is looking to make it competitive with the Prostrock hot rods that are out there which mean in the 7 sec area, time will tell. Brave new world for Max'd Out Racing for sure.:thumb:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
As far as if it will use the squeeze or not, may use a single trubo and three stages to start, may go to a set of twins in the future depending on how it performs. No restrictions on this one, anything goes. Hoping it will come in under 3,000 lbs but who knows for sure with everything considered and the potential to have to add weight to balance it. Rob is looking to make it competitive with the Prostrock hot rods that are out there which mean in the 7 sec area, time will tell. Brave new world for Max'd Out Racing for sure.:thumb:

What trucks are running prostock?

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
What trucks are running prostock?

Not following you Josh? Out west there is Dirty Max, Michael's new truck, the new truck from Canada that Arron will be driving and then the rest that are in the midwest and east. None of them are true trucks. Let's say, Truck like, that's why I said hot rods:D

Michael

ISSPRO Engineering Mgr
Feb 17, 2009
Happy Valley, OR
Also out West there is Malcolm Cross' new Impala with a Duramax, and of course Banks. I am hoping someone breaks Banks' record and that is enough to get them to bring the truck back out. It would be awesome to get 8 or 10 trucks at the World Finals!

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
Thanks everyone, will be testing some new things with this build, but will set it up similar to the race truck at the beginning as I know how that'll work. SoCal engine, duraflite trans, Suncoast converter, and most likely same twin set-up as the race truck with air to water intercoolers. Most likely will have N2O on it for NHRA racing (reduce smoke spool up). I'm going to keep it street legal and if the stars align, enter it in the Hot Rod Drag Week.