MAX'D OUT RACING'S new prostock hotrod

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Thanks everyone, will be testing some new things with this build, but will set it up similar to the race truck at the beginning as I know how that'll work. SoCal engine, duraflite trans, Suncoast converter, and most likely same twin set-up as the race truck with air to water intercoolers. Most likely will have N2O on it for NHRA racing (reduce smoke spool up). I'm going to keep it street legal and if the stars align, enter it in the Hot Rod Drag Week.

Looks like a hell of a ride........:thumb:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Very sweet!! I'm jealous. :(

I loved my Elky; The "Gentleman's Pickup". I'd cruise down main street in Elsinore, and folk would wave to me give it thumbs up. The Elky and Rancho are actually the father of the trucks we drive today. Might sound odd, since it's just a modified Chevelle that can't haul much weight, but it has much to do with why we love today's trucks.

For the youngun's out there:

Pickup trucks were originally farmer's trucks and workman's trucks. It was a reverse status symbol. If you drove a pickup, you were poor, or lower middle class. Middle class and up drove cars, and their employees drove the pickups. If you drove a pickup, it was because your life consisted of hard labor and short paychecks.

There was a even a board game called "Dream Date" for young girls, and you lost the game if you drew the card with a worker and his pickup.

Up until the 1960's, they seldom had any comfort or style. Metal ceiling, floorboards, cheap bench seats, heck, you could hose down to the interior to clean it.

Then GM and Ford decided there was a market for a upscale pickup for the middle class. Out came the Ranchero's and El Caminos. Now you could buy a pickup that didn't advertise that you weren't successful and modern. You could take your girl to a fancy restaurant in your PICKUP :eek: and not look like a loser.

As they started to incorporate more creature comforts in the common pickup, the Elky's faded away. But you can thank them for your A/C, power windows, deluxe stereos, leather, and padded headliners.

Eventually, the stigma of the pickup faded away and today, the finest vehicles on a dealer's lot are often the upscale pickups. Yes, there are still a few who see anyone in a pickup as lower class, but who give's a fk what they think.

Michael

ISSPRO Engineering Mgr
Feb 17, 2009
Happy Valley, OR
Thanks everyone, will be testing some new things with this build, but will set it up similar to the race truck at the beginning as I know how that'll work. SoCal engine, duraflite trans, Suncoast converter, and most likely same twin set-up as the race truck with air to water intercoolers. Most likely will have N2O on it for NHRA racing (reduce smoke spool up). I'm going to keep it street legal and if the stars align, enter it in the Hot Rod Drag Week.

Woo hoo! Funny thing, as I was staring at my chassis the other night I decided to run wiring for all the lights, in case I ever try to run Drag Week with it! I was going to sell the rear wheels that came on it (15 x 15 Alumastars) since I am running 16 x 16's, and my gasser uses a different offset. However I may keep them for a set of DOT tires. With a GV overdrive (which I am considering if they ever respond to my email) a Pro Stock truck might not be too bad on the road! I'll have to see how well mine hooks, but it would sure be fun to try!

I loved my Elky; The "Gentleman's Pickup". I'd cruise down main street in Elsinore, and folk would wave to me give it thumbs up. The Elky and Rancho are actually the father of the trucks we drive today. Might sound odd, since it's just a modified Chevelle that can't haul much weight, but it has much to do with why we love today's trucks.

Pickup trucks were originally farmer's trucks and workman's trucks. It was a reverse status symbol. If you drove a pickup, you were poor, or lower middle class. Middle class and up drove cars, and their employees drove the pickups. If you drove a pickup, it was because your life consisted of hard labor and short paychecks.

There was a even a board game called "Dream Date" for young girls, and you lost the game if you drew the card with a worker and his pickup.

Up until the 1960's, they seldom had any comfort or style. Metal ceiling, floorboards, cheap bench seats, heck, you could hose down to the interior to clean it.

Then GM and Ford decided there was a market for a upscale pickup for the middle class. Out came the Ranchero's and El Caminos. Now you could buy a pickup that didn't advertise that you weren't successful and modern. You could take your girl to a fancy restaurant in your PICKUP :eek: and not look like a loser.

As they started to incorporate more creature comforts in the common pickup, the Elky's faded away. But you can thank them for your A/C, power windows, deluxe stereos, leather, and padded headliners.

Eventually, the stigma of the pickup faded away and today, the finest vehicles on a dealer's lot are often the upscale pickups. Yes, there are still a few who see anyone in a pickup as lower class, but who give's a fk what they think.

LOL, great history lesson! My dad's '72 GMC was frequently cleaned out with a hose. Now that I think about it, my '73 Blazer (which has a Pontiac 400 now and may someday get a Duramax) is also hose-worthy, although I may put some carpet in it one of these days.

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working

I can tell you didn't grow up in the country where a pick up truck was a means by which a person, such as my father and his father, earned a damn good living. My granddad irrigated wheat out of a Mercury Marquis, but checked and hauled horses and cattle with a pick up. Cali is different than a ranch or farm in the plains. I know you mean no condescension. And besides, I would rather on a horse or riding in a cow-$hit smelling LS DMAX than a perfect creature comfort '12 Denali any day.

That's a bad ass 'Camino. Drag Week would be a very cool.

I like tacos.

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
We are about to begin work on it,

between work, maxd out, expanding business.. time gets a little thin lol

we will keep everyone updated on how its coming as we are about to start on it pretty hard now :thumb:

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood

And now anytime a farmer is successful and modern we get flamed left and right for it. We should all be farming our quarter of land (that's 160 acres) and milking 50 cows in a red barn with only organic pasture grass to feed them and no medical treatments.

Funny how the media influences people. It may be because we farm just outside of one of the most liberal towns in the country but that is what most of the non-farm people in our area think.

Most people don't recognize us or many others as farmers. Its funny. Dad drives and Audi a6, I drive a VW jetta, my sister drives a Jetta too, my fiance who's also a pig farmer drives a mustang. Our pickups are obvious farm pickups, but have leather etc. We try to keep them cleaner though.

I know what you're saying about trucks as a status symbol. Its spot on. Trucks used to be for working. Then they used to.be for working and rednecks. Now the majority of truck owners wear suits to work and might only use their truck to haul their boat. On the flip side, more and more construction workers and farmers have turned to more efficient means of transportation and kept tge trucks solely for hauling.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Update

Here is a little update on the 65 El Camino, (MAD MAX) should be done and testing in a couple of weeks and current plans are to have it in Texas for the Texas Diesel Nationals April 13th. Rob's wife Andrea will be driving Max'd Out this year.

Here is a short video that Rob did as an update back on Feb 15th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irhirbHcph8

Last edited: