Mad max LIVES!

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
For the first time out we are ecstatic!! It fully passed tech and Rob asked for the 2 main NHRA guys to go extra hard on it and then actually do 145mph right out of the box.. needless to say the look on robs face was cool to see with how happy he was. Lot of hard work paying off :thumb:

For sure. That is a great first pass. Unreal feeling im sure

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
it was so incredibly badass seeing the beast out there i was so happy it made it. you guys all did well too good job!

so Dustin are you going to get into the next bracket already or keep breakin out? i saw you kept sandbaggin it at the end ;)

btw im in the background of that picture too, just barely :D :woott:

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
I get kinda giddy seeing that pic. Elky's look so mean down low... even better with a dury putting it down.

Congrats guys

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
so Dustin are you going to get into the next bracket already or keep breakin out? i saw you kept sandbaggin it at the end ;) btw im in the background of that picture too, just barely :D :woott:

Frank scared him cuz he treed him. Dustin is a great racer, as he said every dog has his day. Frank is getting better every race, too bad he broke out as well the next round. The truck just kept getting a little quicker each round, on the same tune. Tranny shifting better and no defuel on the one two shift was the reason.

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
Frank scared him cuz he treed him. Dustin is a great racer, as he said every dog has his day. Frank is getting better every race, too bad he broke out as well the next round. The truck just kept getting a little quicker each round, on the same tune. Tranny shifting better and no defuel on the one two shift was the reason.

The truck fell under the chargers on the line for the first time ever is the main reason lol. going from a 1.6 to almost a 1.9 60' is gonna effect the roll out and R/T.

im not too worried about it lol cant win them all gotta share the lovin lol.

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
Video sucked as it was from the stands on the far side and the smoke from the opponent blocked all view. The Hell Camino wouldn't get up on boost and didn't have time to put the N2O in so I went with it. Not sure if the converter is too tight or boost is lacking as the datalogger didn't work as a certain employee of ATP needed it's new brain box for his own truck. When it did come up on boost, it was fun driving through a bit of a slide.

It has potential. Gearing may be a bit much as it never hit 4th gear at the stripe. I can go way down in tire size if needed, but think if I can get up on the chargers and RPM it should launch ok.

Really needs a lot of dialing in, but happy to have it pass inspection with two tough tech inspectors looking it over very closely and then making a couple of passes without anything breaking.

Attachments

• Mad Max Launch (2).jpg
    Mad Max Launch (2).jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 107

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
That is a sweet pic. I like where you have the exhaust coming out. What gearing do you have? What did it end up running?

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
well im sure you will get the kinks out, i was just glad that i was able to see it in person what an amazing machine hands down the coolest thing at the track that day.

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
Well, I cut out some time this weekend and worked on the Hell Camino. I found two cylinders not firing which I fixed with some harness work. Still hit a wall on the converter at 1600 rpm. Data logs showed a few issues, so fixed the tuning side of things and it came around on the spooling. Added the N2O system and now hits over 35 psi of boost on spool then the rear tires go up in smoke.

So this week I'll be working on the brakes, line lock (better burn out) and the trans brake. Then hopefully off to the track this Friday. I'm excited about it, hopefully I'll be able to keep it off the wall and keep the shiny side up for some decent base line passes.

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
Awesome to hear you're making progress Rob. On builds like this even slow progress is better than none.... keep it up!