Mad max LIVES!

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
Video sucked as it was from the stands on the far side and the smoke from the opponent blocked all view. The Hell Camino wouldn't get up on boost and didn't have time to put the N2O in so I went with it. Not sure if the converter is too tight or boost is lacking as the datalogger didn't work as a certain employee of ATP needed it's new brain box for his own truck. When it did come up on boost, it was fun driving through a bit of a slide.

It has potential. Gearing may be a bit much as it never hit 4th gear at the stripe. I can go way down in tire size if needed, but think if I can get up on the chargers and RPM it should launch ok.

Really needs a lot of dialing in, but happy to have it pass inspection with two tough tech inspectors looking it over very closely and then making a couple of passes without anything breaking.

:angel:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Well, I cut out some time this weekend and worked on the Hell Camino. I found two cylinders not firing which I fixed with some harness work. Still hit a wall on the converter at 1600 rpm. Data logs showed a few issues, so fixed the tuning side of things and it came around on the spooling. Added the N2O system and now hits over 35 psi of boost on spool then the rear tires go up in smoke.

So this week I'll be working on the brakes, line lock (better burn out) and the trans brake. Then hopefully off to the track this Friday. I'm excited about it, hopefully I'll be able to keep it off the wall and keep the shiny side up for some decent base line passes.
If you're going to be using a trans brake, I would highly recommend a Davis Technologies Bump Box in conjunction with a line lock. It makes staging very easy.

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
Thanks Josh, I'll look into that. I will most likely not have the trans brake working this weekend and will be foot braking for now.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Josh what issues are you having with the T brake? We hit it pre stage, and it rolls foward about 1-1.5".

My converter is too tight to build boost prior to staging without engaging the brake. As soon as I get up to 1600 RPM, it starts to spin the back tires. The Bump Box lets me build full boost and RPM in pre-stage and then walk it into the beams with the trans brake. Before I added the line lock, it would rock forward and backward because of the drive line slack, but not it works perfect.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
My converter is too tight to build boost prior to staging without engaging the brake. As soon as I get up to 1600 RPM, it starts to spin the back tires. The Bump Box lets me build full boost and RPM in pre-stage and then walk it into the beams with the trans brake. Before I added the line lock, it would rock forward and backward because of the drive line slack, but not it works perfect.

Good info, thanks! I wish we were fighting a tight converter instead of loose.

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
http://www.livestream.com/dragracelive/video?clipId=pla_96865163-2e6c-4ef1-aca9-e52251d205ce getting somewhere. This was the 5th pass on the build. Still running a single CP3. Trans brake not working right and found the tranny was launching in 2nd, not 1st. I had to foot brake and use the trans brake and manually shift the trans without a tach or shift light. I cut a good light but lost by .003 on that race, so was fun to even be in contention. Next race is in two weeks and hopefully will have some of these issues fixed. I will have some in cab and other video up this week hopefully.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
http://www.livestream.com/dragracelive/video?clipId=pla_96865163-2e6c-4ef1-aca9-e52251d205ce getting somewhere. This was the 5th pass on the build. Still running a single CP3. Trans brake not working right and found the tranny was launching in 2nd, not 1st. I had to foot brake and use the trans brake and manually shift the trans without a tach or shift light. I cut a good light but lost by .003 on that race, so was fun to even be in contention. Next race is in two weeks and hopefully will have some of these issues fixed. I will have some in cab and other video up this week hopefully.

Rob

It was fun as usual hanging with you Mericans at the track last weekend! Lots of laughs and the car ran great Imo. I have no doubt it will be a runner!

All your crew including the wife are so nice to hang with amd I never asked...but did that race valve help?

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
Rob

It was fun as usual hanging with you Mericans at the track last weekend! Lots of laughs and the car ran great Imo. I have no doubt it will be a runner!

All your crew including the wife are so nice to hang with amd I never asked...but did that race valve help?

Never had a chance to test it, she had an oil leak and max'd out caught fire. Andrea was fine, just pissed and the truck was ok, but no time to clean up the oil and find the leak before her first round as I was racing the Camino and didn't even know about it until it was too late.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Never had a chance to test it, she had an oil leak and max'd out caught fire. Andrea was fine, just pissed and the truck was ok, but no time to clean up the oil and find the leak before her first round as I was racing the Camino and didn't even know about it until it was too late.

Didn't realize that was the issue! Should of put me to work:D