lowering kit

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
man that truck is sick. does the djm ket come with the lower control arm or spindles?

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Henry when you planning on doing yours?

I was planning for it in July but not sure on wheels I like. I also have to get the hail damage fixed now from the last trip to Maryland. I ended up with 20 dings in the hood 12 to 15 in the roof and 10 door the right side.

I was also going to contact DJM to see what type of price I can get. I found a kit for 680.00 so wanted to see if I can get a better price.

Last edited:

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
I like the BMF rims....majority of them look pretty sweet and they have a forged one coming out last I checked, or the KMC Spies. I have the Moto Metal 957's now.....But the finish I don't care for. Seems they get scratched very easily. They do have a coating on them, but I think they put it on too thick so it marks very easily and look like crap close up.

Probably won't buy another set of them.

12secondhandshaker

<---Stock trans
Jan 21, 2009
Sparta, MI
So by removing the overload you still have a spring pack containing 4 leafs.

I was going to remove the overload and one spring leaving me three leafs only (basically 1/2 ton suspension) could I still use a drop shackle with this setup?

dieselboy04'

DieselBoy04'
Mar 23, 2008
Virginia
This may have been ask in an earlier question but how does the 3-5 kit do on the drag strip? does it bind anything or make it harder on the front end with a boosted four wheel launch? I would like to drop my truck on down but I'm think the front CV's would be at a neg angle and that might cause some problems?? Also what about pinion angle is it good or will it have to be shimmed? I'm hoping for positive answers because I'd really like to do this to my truck.

I also know Kelsy has a 3-5 drop on her truck and it seems to do pretty darn good at the strip so I'm guessing things work out pretty good with this kit... I'd just like some more info from people who's done it.

crazycrew

Let's Start A Riot
Oct 3, 2009
S. Louisiana
How does it ride? INterested in this set up for mine! Just worried about towing with it, although the most i tow is a trailer w/ a few wheelers

Nov 22, 2009
Queen Creek AZ
how does the 3-5 kit do on the drag strip?

I've only made 3 passes with my truck and only 2 were four wheel. I didn't have any problems but I don't have a lot of passes. Nothing popped or made noise.

I'm think the front CV's would be at a neg angle

They sure are on my truck

How does it ride?

With my stock tires it rides like a stock truck buy can sure handle corners a lot nicer.
With the 22s - quote from my old man "that thing rides like an iron wheeled wagon"
quote from his old man "you have to pay a little more to ride first class"

JJLEODIRTYMAX

Time to build my Engine!!
Sep 5, 2010
So with the DJM 3/5 drop do you have to remove the overload spring? I am not wanting to loose the ability to tow my 5er!

They tell you too in the directions but you dont have too, I know a few diffrent individuals that left their overloads in.

JJLEODIRTYMAX

Time to build my Engine!!
Sep 5, 2010
I was planning for it in July but not sure on wheels I like. I also have to get the hail damage fixed now from the last trip to Maryland. I ended up with 20 dings in the hood 12 to 15 in the roof and 10 door the right side.

I was also going to contact DJM to see what type of price I can get. I found a kit for 680.00 so wanted to see if I can get a better price.

I got my kit off stylin trucks for that...Good luck:D

Brier

Sep 18, 2008
Nova Scotia
I put in the Ground Force lowering shackles. 2" drop. I had a bad vibration at 100mph. Ground Force sent me a set of shims and the vibration is gone. Just be aware that you are changing angles and you may see some vibration pop up. If you do contact your supplier and they should be able to set you up with shims.

jnieberlein

Secret Squirrel Diesel
Aug 17, 2009
West By God
I spent a lot of time figuring out an on-board air system with bags and now it is great. I can raise or lower my back end about 6" with a switch in the cab. With about 40 lbs of air it can handle a serious load.

Here are a few picks.

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22107

Care to share your on board air system? Am curious what air bag systems you guys have come up with that work with 2/3" drop shackles and/ or the absence of an over load spring?

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Ill try to find the airbags he has on his truck I looked at them a few times when I bought his 22's. I do know that it sits a bit off center of the center of the leaf pack, and is only about a 2500lb bag set made for 1/2 tons. Ill try to find a picture

They are basically mounted outside of the frame rails to the leaf pack like the fords use. Not like the typical GM bottom of frame to axle tube setup.