lowered truck pics

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Sometime soon haha I need to order shocks still and get new breaks then we're gonna do it all at the same time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You desparately need to raise the bumper up and get rid of that hideous piece of plastic, it makes the bumper lines (ie. bumper to fender flare) look soooo much better like they are meant to be.

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Sweet.. I'm waiting to see what Yall do on the caltracs and hangers.. I don't see why it can't be made work but I've never seen pics of why

The way they make the hanger and in its lower position the caltracs upper bar would slam into it on every bump, and that's if it even fit at all.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
The way they make the hanger and in its lower position the caltracs upper bar would slam into it on every bump, and that's if it even fit at all.

Hmmm.. That sucks.. Wonder if it can be modded

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
You desparately need to raise the bumper up and get rid of that hideous piece of plastic, it makes the bumper lines (ie. bumper to fender flare) look soooo much better like they are meant to be.

Hah yeah that's what my boyfriend says too but idk if I'm committed to that decision yet or not I like my ugly front end...maybe when I get stuff repainted.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona

That's the 2" filler strip (body raise) GM used for the 2500HD trucks, all else is the same on the 1500 trucks body panels, the cab perches on 2500HD frame were also moved up 2" in comparison to the 1500 trucks. This is why the 2500HD's appear to sit higher than the 1500 models the 2" body raise, yes the springs and torsion bars do play a little part but not much........

A member on another forum raised the bumper on his, not the GMC but the Chevy getting rid of the 2" filler panel.....
=
=
19e511141fc78c9564255e86f49a3c7a.jpg

=
=

Last edited:

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
That's the 2" filler strip (body raise) GM used for the 2500HD trucks, all else is the same on the 1500 trucks body panels, the cab perches on 2500HD frame were also moved up 2" in comparison to the 1500 trucks. This is why the 2500HD's appear to sit higher than the 1500 models the 2" body raise, yes the springs and torsion bars do play a little part but not much........

A member on another forum raised the bumper on his, not the GMC but the Chevy getting rid of the 2" filler panel.....
=
=
19e511141fc78c9564255e86f49a3c7a.jpg

=
=

They were talking about installing caltracs on lowered trucks and that they don't work with drop hangers.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona

They were talking about installing caltracs on lowered trucks and that they don't work with drop hangers.

Quoted one by mistake, so what I said about the front bumper does apply, you need to read also ....

Fixed it for ya in my original post, happy now........

Last edited:

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Quoted one by mistake, so what I said about the front bumper does apply, you need to read also ....

Fixed it for ya in my original post, happy now........
I did read it. Otherwise I wouldn't know that one of those quotes wasn't relevant, would I?

Oh my God I'm ecstatic! You've made my day! Thank you so much!

By the way, you're right... A long winded post that's completely useless is so much better than a short one... :rolleyes:

:spit:

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ

I raised mine on my Chevy it's alot more difficult than what I hear the GMC is either way the filler panel is hideous.

Last edited:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I wanted to do that but it still looks really good with just raising it up amd keeping the same bumper top and grille.

your just talking about the little bit of gap them have between the headlights and such right? cause mine from factory was really close

(from late 2006)